Enjolras x Reader x Grantaire: Reunited

"Eek! Enjy, help!" You giggled as you ran from a mud covered Grantaire.

"I'm coming, Y/N!" Enjolras shouted, brandishing a wooden sword and leaping down from a barrel. He stepped between you and Grantaire. "En garde, fiend!" You continued to giggle as you ducked behind a crate, watching as the two boys wrestled in the street.

"You cannot keep me from the fair maiden!" Grantaire shouted dramatically. "You are but a minor—ack!" He spluttered as Enjolras threw a ball of mud at his head. You watched as the brunette swiped the mud from his eyes, before bending down and grabbing a handful of mud to throw back. Enjolras shouted in alarm and ducked. Grantaire threw the mud, and you managed to duck just in time as it splattered against the window behind you. You all watched the window nervously as a plump old woman threw the shutters open. She looked around until her eyes landed on the three of you.

"Don't you move you little brats!" She slammed her shutters shut.

"Run!" You shrieked. The three of you took off down the street, giggling and screaming. "Meet at the fountain!" You shouted, before veering off down an alley. You looked over your shoulder as you ran.

You didn't notice the carriage rattling towards you until it was too late.

...

You weren't completely trampled, but you were still injured pretty severely. The driver immediately took you to the hospital, where you were asleep for a few days. When you woke up, all you remembered was your name. Because no one came forward to claim you, when you recovered you were just dumped onto the street.

You were forced to grow up quickly. Stealing to survive, evading the law, the whole nine yards. Living on the streets, you overheard lots of gossip.

Most of it you paid no heed to. Who was pregnant out of wedlock, who was caught by the police, things like that.

But when you started hearing whispers of revolution, your interest was piqued. After asking where the aforementioned meeting was being held, you found yourself standing in front of a run-down café. Looking up at the sign, you steeled your nerves and pushed the doors open.

...

"Cut it out," Enjolras batted a hand at Grantaire.

"You gotta big crease between your eyes right," He poked Enjolras again. "There."

"I said quit it." Enjolras swatted at Grantaire again, but Grantaire grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"If you keep this up, no one's gonna respect me."

"News flash Enj, no one does." He scowled, but it melted easily when Grantaire brushed some hair from his brow.

"Am I interrupting?" The pair leapt apart, Enjolras blushing and Grantaire scowling. Eponine smirked.

"What do you want, Eponine?" Enjolras asked.

"A girl just walked in. She said she wants to join us."

"What's her name?"

"I think she said it was Y/N." Both men inhaled sharply.

"Where is she?" Grantaire asked calmly.

"With Gavroche downstairs." She pointed, and the two men followed her finger. You sat at one of the tables downstairs, pulling a coin out from behind Gavroche's ear as he demanded to know how you did that. You laughed at his astonishment, and they instantly knew.

It was you.

...

As you denied Gavroche's pleas to learn your little trick for the hundredth time, you heard someone call your name. You turned around just in time to be tackled by someone in a blue coat.

"I can't believe you're back!" He pulled back with a grin.

"...Do I know you?" You asked dumbly. His smile fell for a second, but he masked it with a laugh. "Very funny, Y/N!" He laughed again. You looked at the blond man behind him. He had an expression on his face you couldn't quite described.

"No, really." You persisted. "I think you're mistaking me for somebody else." He frowned at this, and turned to look at the blond man in the red coat.

"You're Y/N L/N, right?" The blond man asked. You nodded. "I'm Enjolras, and this is Grantaire. We grew up together, remember?" You thought. Then you shook your head.

"No, I don't."

"That's ridiculous!" Grantaire shouted suddenly, making you flinch in surprise. "We played every day together in the streets! You're telling me you don't remember any of that?!"

"I don't know!" You finally shouted back. "Look, my first memory was me waking up in a hospital. All I knew was my name, so maybe we were friends, I don't know!" You were panting for breath after your outburst.

"Hospital?" Enjolras asked.

"I was trampled by a coach when I was eight years old." You explained. Enjolras and Grantaire looked at each other. You'd been eight when you vanished.

"Look, you have no reason to believe us, I know." Enjolras began. "But I promise you we are telling the truth. We can explain everything, okay?" He held out his hand. You were reluctant. But there was something about these two that made you want to trust them. After a moment, you took Enjolras' hand.

"Okay."