Enjolras x Reader: Never Gonna Live it Down

Enjolras glared across the café where you were laughing at another one of Bahorel's jokes. He glowered and turned back to where he was sitting with Grantaire. "Admit it. You're jealous."

"Am not." Enjolras argued quietly.

"'Am not'," Grantaire mimicked before taking a drink. "It's obvious you are. Just go talk to her."

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"Because it's immature." Grantaire laughed.

"Hold on." He got up and left a glowering Enjolras at the table. He returned with a bottle in his hand. "Drink this."

"What's me getting drunk got to do with anything?"

"You getting drunk spares me from your pity party." Enjolras shrugged before tipping the bottle back.

...

"Don't look now," Bahorel said. "But our fearless leader looks like he's getting a little jealous." You looked over your shoulder as subtly as you could, just in time to see Enjolras take a swig of his drink.

"Really?"

"Yes really; I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks me out at some point tonight." You both laughed.

"Well if this works, then he definitely will."

...

"Okay, I know I'm not the best person to say this, but I think you've had enough." Grantaire told his friend. Enjolras pushed his hand away and finished off his umpteenth beer of the night. He stood up woozily. "And where are you going?"

"Gonna go talk to Y/N," He slurred before stumbling off. Grantaire watched him go with a grin on his face.

"Oh, this is gonna be good."

...

"Aand here he come—whoa, he looks drunk!" Bahorel laughed and stood up. "I'll see you around, Y/N." You watched him go just as Enjolras sat in his spot.

"Hi, Enjo—"

"You're so pretty," You blinked in surprise.

"Enjolras, how much have you had to drink?"

"Don't worry about it." He waved your question away. "Why do you spend so much time with Bahorel?" He asked miserably. "Don't you like me?" You had to hold back your laughter. You had never seen Enjolras get this drunk before, and it was the most entertaining thing you'd seen in a while.

"Of course I like you, Enjolras."

"Like, like like me?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes," You told him, certain he wouldn't remember this in the morning. "I like like you." He grinned widely, and reached across the table. He grabbed your face in his hands, pulled you forward, and kissed you soundly. You squeaked in surprise and he pulled back, looking very proud of himself.

"I like like you too." He proclaimed. He settled back in his chair, grinned at you...

...And faceplanted onto the table, snoring softly. You sat there in shock, before you began to laugh quietly.

You were never going to let him live this down.

...

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty," You said as you set a cup of coffee in front of Enjolras. He groaned as he sipped the drink.

"What happened last night?"

"Oh same old, same old. You got drunk, got jealous of Bahorel, said you liked me, kissed me, and passed out on the table." Enjolras sprayed coffee everywhere as you laughed.

"Really?" He groaned. You walked over and kissed his head, still laughing softly.

"Really."

"And?"

"I've gotta admit, drunk Enjolras is a real go-getter." He buried his face in his hands and you leaned on his shoulder.

"...I'm never going to hear the end of this, am I?"

"Nope."