Enjolras x Reader: An Odd Way of Showing it

"Hi boys," You sat down with Grantaire, Bahorel, and Enjolras.

"And I'm leaving." Enjolras declared before standing up and stalking off. You looked at the two remaining men as you scooched your chair in.

"Why is he always like that around me?" They looked at each other and shrugged, though you didn't buy it.

"What are you not telling me?" They kept their lips sealed despite being obviously drunk off their asses. "Fine. I'll ask someone else." You stood up and walked over to Marius and Eponine. "Hi guys," They smiled at you. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," You sat down in front of them.

"Why does Enjolras hate me?" Eponine choked on her drink and Marius gawked at you.

"You think Enjolras hates you?" Marius asked.

"You don't?"

"Of course not!" Eponine cried. You raised an eyebrow, but they weren't budging.

"Fine. Don't believe me? Watch this." You stood up and walked over to Enjolras. "Hey Enjolras?" He turned, and his face fell when he saw you.

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Can't it wait?"

"I don't think so." He sighed impatiently.

"Then what is it?" You didn't answer right away. "Well?"

"I was wondering...Well..." You fumbled over your words. This was way harder than you thought it would've been.

"Oh, for the love of God, just spit it out and stop wasting my time!" You were taken aback by his sudden outburst, and you shook your head. The café was silent.

"I don't need to. You just answered my question," Your eyes started burning and you turned as fast as you could. You left the café in a rush, avoiding your friends' shocked gazes. You didn't know where you were going, but you didn't care. You just had to get out of there.

...

The café exploded as soon as you left. "Are you kidding me?" Grantaire yelled. Enjolras shrugged.

"What?"

"Do you have to be so mean to her all the time?" Eponine asked.

"I'm not mean to her!" He protested.

"You're kidding right?" Courfeyrac interjected. "Enjolras, she's convinced you hate her!" Enjoras' eyes widened.

"What? No she doesn't!" Everyone stared at him. "...Does she?"

"YES!" Enjolras thought. Sure he may have acted...different with you, but that was because he actually liked you. He didn't know how to act around you. You made him nervous. He remembered your face when he shouted.

"Oh God." Realization hit. "Where is she?" Everyone looked amongst each other.

"We don't know." Fear washed over his body. It was the middle of the night. You could be anywhere, and you were alone.

"I have to find her," He breathed, before running out of the café.

...

"Y/N?" He looked around as he called for you. "Y/N! Where are you?" He listened for an answer, and after a few moments, he heard a sniffle from behind the café. He took off in that direction. When he turned the corner, his eyes landed on your curled up form leaning against the building. Your shoulders were shaking, and small whimpers escaped you every once in a while. He stared at you sadly, and guilt washed over him. He immediately walked over and slid down the wall next to you. He pulled you into his arms and buried his face in your hair. You started struggling, but stopped when he spoke. "I don't hate you."

"What?"

"I don't hate you." He repeated. "I don't hate you at all."

"I thought you—"

"I know. I'm so sorry." He held you tighter. "I just didn't know how to act around you. You make me nervous."

"Why do I make you nervous?" He didn't answer. He slid his fingers under your chin and tipped your head up. His lips brushed over yours softly. When he pulled back, he smiled at your surprised expression. "That's why."

"That's why?" He nodded. You smiled at him, before laughing softly.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You have a very odd way of showing someone you like them." He stared at you for a moment, before laughing and pulling you in for another kiss.