Enjolras x Reader: It's Okay

"I renounce your people's court!" Your father roared as he as dragged away by the students. His eyes met yours and he began screaming at you. "And you! I hope you made the right choice, because if you ever try to return I'll kill you!"

"That's enough!" Enjolras said firmly as he stepped in front of you.

"Traitor!" He yelled one last time before he was dragged away. You sighed and looked down as you heard Enjolras turn around.

"You wanna tell me why he was yelling at you?" He asked firmly. You didn't answer right away. "Y/N?" He asked with the tone of a parent scolding a child.

"It's complicated."

"We've got time." You sighed.

"No getting out of this?"

"'Fraid not." You sighed, and motioned for him to follow. You sat down in a dark corner. He sat down next to you and waited for you to start.

"...He's my dad." You said at last. He stiffened noticeably. "But I'm not on his side, I swear!"

"And how am I supposed to know that!" Enjolras snapped. "You could've fed him all of our plans!"

"But I haven't!" He didn't look at you. "Look, I've been coming here for years. Don't you think if I was telling him he'd have inserted himself sooner?"

"Y/N—"

"And I don't have my own agenda either; I believe in the cause!"

"If you would just—"

"I'm not like him, Enj, you have to believe me!"

"Y/N!" You stopped your rambling. He sighed. "I'm not mad," You raised an eyebrow.

"You just flipped out. I think you're a little mad." He sighed.

"Okay fine. I'm a little mad. But," He held up a finger. "I'm not mad at you. I'm just...I'm disappointed Y/N." You bowed your head, and stood up. "Wait, where are you going?"

"...Leaving?" You said. "You've made it pretty clear you don't want me here."

"Hey, get back here!" He tugged you back down. "I never said I wanted you to leave, and if you'd just listen I could get to my point." He looked at you pointedly, and you reluctantly nodded. "I'm just disappointed because you didn't tell me."

"Well what was I supposed to do?"

"Trust me!"

"Enjolras, I couldn't just waltz up and tell you I was a soldier's daughter!"

"Yes you could've!"

"Really?" He didn't say anything. "Could I have? Would you have looked at me the same after that? Would you have even let me stay?"

"Yes," He said without hesitation.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because you're you." He said simply.

"What does that mean?"

"You're not like them." He scooched closer. "You're nothing like them. If you had been honest from the very beginning, we would've accepted you with open arms. We could've even used you for reconnaissance." He laughed. You glared at him.

"Not funny." His smile faded and he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Okay. Fair enough. My point is," He pointed at your chest. "Where you're from doesn't matter. What matters is what you believe in." His words touched you deeply, and before you knew it, you were crying. You sobbed as Enjolras gathered you to his chest, rocking you back and forth. "Shh," He whispered in your ear as you cried like a child. "It's okay, Y/N. It's okay."

"I'm sorry," You hiccupped. He smiled softly and ran his hand through your hair.

"It's okay. Everything's going to be okay."