Grantaire x Reader: Thank Me Later

Alright, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it I'm going to—NOPE. Grantaire spun on his heel and stalked back to the table he had been sitting at with Enjolras.

"You're kidding, right?" Enjolras scoffed as he took a drink. Grantaire shook his head.

"I can't do it, Enj."

"You can't do it?" Enjolras laughed. "R, I've seen you hit on every girl in here. What's the problem?"

"She's different than the others!"

"How?" Grantaire waved his hands as he tried to explain it. He groaned in defeat.

"I don't know, it's just—it's not that easy Enj! You try!" Enjolras raised his eyebrow, and Grantaire realized his mistake too late.

"HEY Y/N!" Enjolras swivelled in his seat towards you as Grantaire tried to cover his friend's mouth. "GRANTAIRE LIKES YOU!" Your face heated up as Grantaire tried to hit Enjolras. The other man dodged the fist. "See? That was easy."

"I will end you." Grantaire glared at his friend. Enjolras shrugged and stood up.

"You'll thank me later." Grantaire was about to ask Enjolras what he meant, butt before he could you had sat down in Enjolras' place and said man was nowhere to be found.

"So," You started. Grantaire avoided your gaze and stared at his mug.

"So..." You both sat there in silence for a few moments until you broke the silence.

"About Enjolras."

"What about him."

"By the way you were reacting, I take it he was telling the truth, right?" Grantaire's face turned red, and he nodded after a few moments.

"Yeah." You let out a breath you hadn't realized you had been holding.

"Oh, good." You smiled. He looked at you hesitantly.

"Good?" He asked cautiously.

"Well, yeah." You said. "It's pretty great that this whole thing wasn't all one-sided." You took a drink as Grantaire's eyes widened.

"Wait. Do you mean—?" You cut him off as you laughed.

"I think you drank too much. What else would I mean?" You laughed again as you got up and returned to Eponine and Gavroche.

Leaving behind a smug Enjolras and a Grantaire trying (and failing) to hide his smiled in his drink.