#10 Memories

Shiva Srinivas

It's been five days since he saw the girl's photo. Five days since he's in Uttarakhand. And five days, since his mother has been hounding him why he hasn't met his supposed bride yet. How is he supposed to answer??

And it doesn't help much that his potential bride happens to be the same army officer's daughter Colonel Mathur had shown him.

Shiva is currently residing in the same village that the girl is

Shiva is currently residing in the same village that the girl is. Apparently she's a doctor and has come here to serve the people. A lean, but seemingly confident guy follows her everywhere. Shiva refers to the file he was handed to identify them as Samridhi and Dhruva.

At first Shiva had gone to the town where Samridhi lives. A little asking around leads him to the hospital she works and then he's here in Tarapur.

 A little asking around leads him to the hospital she works and then he's here in Tarapur

These two are close, Dhruva and Samridhi. Shiva can tell it even by looking. They always fight, but well, there's this bond something that connects them, much like the one connecting him and sweety. Shiva wonders if it is love.

Can an army officer be thinking of things like this? He isn't sure.

That night, everyone is asleep in the medical camp. No one notices him but he's observing them. With a bitter chuckle, he continues to keep watching. So far so good. He's been desperate to find that man lurking around the tents-- that night where there was black out in Samridhi's tent, she ran to Dhruva and someone was fishing around her stuff.

Shiva is currently hiding in the bushes waiting for the man to show up. This is the third night now. Still no sign of the assailant.

Aha! The stars seem to be in favor of him! The suspicious figure shows up again, heading towards Samridhi's tent no doubt. The man has a shawl draped around him. It's hard to see his face in the darkness of the night, the dim lighting from the lamps hardly helps. But Shiva still can make out his form. He leaps at the figure and wraps a tight arm around his neck.

The man's shouts are muffled as Shiva clamps his other hand over his mouth--

"Shut up! Now tell me why you're here, or die!"