#59 Let us find ways to be together

Shiva

It's pretty normal for anyone to fall sick at some point but why now, when he is eager to tackle mission ganesans again and is about to wrap it up once and for all?

His body burns. His heart races. His fever is so high he can barely hold himself together.

When was the last time he was this sick? When did he become so weak and sloppy?

Did the chilly weather of Mizoram hills get to him? Or is it the constant never ending pressure of his job finally taking a toll on him? He lectured those boys and labelled them sloppy, but in reality, the term applies to him, doesn't it?

Sweety wanted him to rest. Rest isn't something a soldier like him can afford. Not when he has a mission to fulfil.

He could have gotten his rest on their flight. The cold could have gotten better with time, but yes, Sweety made some valid points about mindlessly pushing his body further.

What if his stubbornness caused more trouble than good?

He doesn't want to mess up things or cause her more agony than he already did

He sent a word to Colonel Mathur. The man didn't reply but the message went through. Even Colonel Saab must know finding a replacement is hard.

He had been an idiot to think someone else could take over the mission for him. He wasn't fond of certain remarks some of his seniors made on him — never liked it when they said he could get hot-headed when it comes to fulfilling his duty, but now he thinks it might be true.

Sweety went to her office after he encouraged her to leave. Arjun needed her help.

A few minutes ago, she called him and informed him she was about to go on a sting operation. He hopes it will go well for her.

Here he is sitting at home resting, and she gets to be the action queen?

Thinking out loud isn't like him but he does it today.

"Well, Shiva, you gotta be prepared to see days like these. Life is a mix of highs and lows..."

He closes his eyes, pulling the quilt tight around his quivering body. He can't waste a moment dwelling on things that are not under his control. He will rest as much as he can and speed up his recovery process.

He needn't put much effort there. His body conks out as soon as he takes his meds and hits the bed.

...

The soft sensation of something poking against his cheek stirs him awake. He opens his eyes and finds Soldier seated on the pillow next to him, his tiny front leg raised.

"Soldier!"

Shiva gathers the bunny into his arms, sitting up. Still holding the bunny aloft, he slowly drags his weary body to the kitchen, the grin on his face never vanishing.