#60 We got each other's backs

Akshara

One question triggered the change. A peaceful procession turned into a raging mob, pelting stones at everyone who gathered in the area. At least a dozen journalists got injured and camera persons and crew got affected. Is it all her fault?

Even Arjun is seriously injured protecting her. The doctor who just talked to her a moment ago said 'it's not anything serious,' but she hates all of it. The peaceful life in Gandhinagar has been disrupted and Arjun has been lying conscious for two hours now.

 The peaceful life in Gandhinagar has been disrupted and Arjun has been lying conscious for two hours now

That's not all. This won't end there. With the injured journalists and public being treated here, a melee is about to happen here at the City hospital. More media persons have gathered here to cover the ongoing happenings.

She was in the chaotic emergency ward. They moved Arjun to a room away in the general ward. It's quieter here. She can finally breathe.

Finding a seat next to the bed, she plops down, sighing. Arjun doesn't have to do what he did. Heroic males repulse her. He's going to be in a lot of trouble when he wakes up, and not just because of his injured head. He has to answer her. Even if all he did was protect a friend she can't accept this!

She sighs again, swallowing her anguish. She doesn't know how long she sits there, waiting for Arjun to wake up. Suddenly the door barges open with a bang. For a split second, she worries if an angry protester got inside, but to her relief, it's Shiva. She only catches a glimpse of his distraught expression, hears his voice before she's engulfed in his embrace.

 She only catches a glimpse of his distraught expression, hears his voice before she's engulfed in his embrace

"You're safe, Akshu! Thank God..." He breathes, hugging her tighter.

She hugs him back. The tension leaves her body, and she feels light. Shiva shouldn't be here. His body is still burning up due to the fever. A part of her wants to chastise him but another part is relieved.

She revels in his warmth for another long moment, burying her head in his chest, inhaling his scent that's become oh-so-familiar. He always smells like the woods, earthy, raw but very soothing. That scent is comforting, though they've been only together recently.