Epilogue #2

A knock comes on Shiva's door just as his video call with Sweety ends. He puts his phone away, sitting square-legged atop his bed and welcomes his sister in. This is his home in Gandhinagar. For a moment, he forgot where he was and thought he was at the barracks, in his little room all by himself.

A visit home during a weekend break isn't something he can always afford. The opportunity just fell into his lap, luckily. He thought he'd spend some time with family and see Sweety's beautiful face. But she's exploring Ladakh for a featured program for her channel.

"Why are you sulking?"

Nisha settles into the armchair next to the bed and peers into Shiva's face. It's silly but he tells his little sister what's on his mind. "I'm back in town after a month and I can't meet her. She ought to travel to Ladakh now and with Arjun! Hey, maybe we should visit Ladakh sometime together later on."

Nisha responds with an enthusiastic yes. "And include me once in a while in your trips, will you?"

She giggles when his phone beeps. "That must be her message. Your sulking should've reached her. She must be telling you not to miss her and that you'd meet soon. Did she send you lots of kiss emojis?"

"Rowdy," Shiva utters the term with endearment.

"By the way, did Samridhi find another nice guy, Anna? I'd feel bad if she didn't

"By the way, did Samridhi find another nice guy, Anna? I'd feel bad if she didn't."

"Haha, would you? Sweet. She did find quite a dashing guy." Shiva looks thoughtful before continuing. He spoke to Samridhi and Dhruva last weekend and heard they were thriving. Such good news. "He'd been there all along, Nishu. They just... They were slow to realise."

"Ha, realisation, confession. I get it, it's all harder in reality. Harder than in the novels."

Nisha breathes a sigh. Shiva throws her a dubious look. "Just what's going on in your head these days? Quit reading novels. Aren't you preparing to crack the NDA?"

"Oh yes, Anna. But novels are therapy. You can't take away my therapy."

"Rowdy. Fine. Look at the time. It's twelve a.m. Go, sleep in your room."

Nisha fiddles with her the hem of her pyjama top and finally opens her mouth. "Can I sleep here, Anna? On the spare mattress? Will you sing me a lullaby, like you did those years ago?"

 "Can I sleep here, Anna? On the spare mattress? Will you sing me a lullaby, like you did those years ago?"