#7 Old friends, New Mission

Sorry for the late update. From now on, I'll try to update soon.

***

Shiva Srinivas

It is very rare for colonel Mathur to summon for him so late in the night. Another special mission? And they are only back from the special operation just a few hours ago. He quickly strides down the secured corridors of the Army headquarters to reach his superiors office. He raps his knuckles on the wooden door.

"Come in."

Colonel saab greets him with a smile , then his expression turns serious.

"Shiva. I'm sorry to call you in the middle of the night. But this is important."

Shiva gives a quick salute, "sir."

"And to think you were just about to head to your family on a holiday

"And to think you were just about to head to your family on a holiday... and you've just returned from an important mission too..."

Mathur sir is a kind man to look so worried. Shiva merely shakes his head.

"I'm fine, sir. Just give me your orders."

"Just what I expect from my finest cadet..." Mathur smiles before continuing, "I've already told you a little about this mission, boy. Now it's time. This can't be put off any longer."

Shiva nods, encouraging his senior to go on.

"Like I've told you, important documents belonging to the army are still in the possession of one of our former army officers. I should say his wife and daughter, since he passed away. We've finally located them in Uttarakhand, and knowing that some anti-social elements are behind the documents, we can no longer standby and watch."

Shiva nods once more looking at the pictures Mathur pulls out from a folder. A young woman is smiling with her mother, and another young man, their smiles so bright, reminding him of his own family.

 A young woman is smiling with her mother, and another young man, their smiles so bright, reminding him of his own family

"We don't know for sure where the documents are, if the colonel hid it somewhere. The family isn't likely to know this kind of information, but we need to work together with them. And there's no one but you whom I trust on this Shiva. Will you do it?"