"Great the gangs all here!" Yang enthused with a fist pump in the air. "We can all die together!"

"Not if I can help it!" Ruby charged towards the NightStalker. I rolled my eyes and looked towards the big Grimm. Upon her frist hit she was knocked away, but quickly got to her feet. "Don't worry totally fine!"

Yang started to run forward to help her, but I cursed when I saw the Nevermore gliding overhead.

"Vi, think you can help Lydia and I get to the bird?" I asked with a smirk, a semi-decent plan formulating in my head. "Sure."

"Great let's do it!" I felt myself get lighter as Lydia loomed over at me with wide eyes. We started floating through the air and once we were high enough I could use Kalamity. The Nevermore sent dagger like feathers towards Ruby, and successfully pinned her hood to the ground.

"It's now or never Lydia." I smirked and grabbed her wrist and shot out Kalamity. Once it wrapped around the Nevermore's wing I shot Vi and thumbs up and our body weight began to decrease back to normal.

"Isn't our mission to get a relic and return to the cliffs? Why do we have to fight this thing!" Lydia outraged as we landed on the back of the Nevermore. "Just clip one wing to make its flying more diffucult."

"Whatever you say." She rolled her eyes and we both ran for the closest wing. I stabbed Kalamity into the wing and Lydia ran her daggers along the thinnest part. "See easy pe-!"

The Nevermore began to shake, it's going to throw us off. Looks like we're jumping now! I jumped from the back of the bird, Lydia following suit and we landed with the others on the ground who had frozen the NightStalker in place.

"We clipped a wing." I mumbled as my face was in the ground.

"There's no point in fighting these things, let's grab a relic and get out of here." Ruby concluded, I pushed myself off the ground and looked at the others who nodded in agreement. "Run and live, now that is a plan I can get behind."

Everyone and their partner went to grab a relic, including Lydia and I. Lydia picked up the chess piece and showed it to me. I shrugged and nodded as we started to run away from the ruins.

"Quick get behind something!" Ryan called out as the Nevermore was overhead once again. I smirked when I saw the shakiness in its flying, seems like we did something at least. Lydia and I dove behind a pillar and watched as the Nevermore perched itself on a high tower. Without warning the NightStalker came back and was rushing towards us.

"Aw man! Run!" Jaune's voice echoed across the ruins. Without question everyone began to scatter from their spots. Nora began shooting what looked like pink grenades at the creature. But she was cut short when the NightStalker came up behind her. I pulled out Kalamity and rushed the giant scorpion along with the redhead.

"Mind telling me your name!?" I called out as we both fell back from the NightStalker and kept running forwards. "Pyrrah Nikos!"

"Cool!" I shouted as more distance was made between us and we were on a rather thin bridge between the NightStalker and Nevermore. The Nevermore rose and sky bombed the bridge, splitting the group up.

Nora and Jaune went to go assist Pyrrah, green guy, Vi, Ryan, and Black haired girl. While me, Lydia, Ruby, Yang, and Ice queen were going to take on the Nevermore. Soon the black haired girl was besides Yang as she had just failed attacking the Nevermore.

"It's tougher than it looks!" She called out as the Nevermore once again circled overhead. "Then let's hit it with everything we got!"

I smirked and shot Kalamity's grappling hook, it wracked itself around the neck of the Nevermore. I gave a quick peace sign towards Lydia before retracting the hook and taking myself with it.

I landed a top the bird and stabbed Kalamity into the head. Blasts were coming from the ground team as I tried to take this thigh out head on. I jumped up and slammed Kalamity into the birds back, but it seemed to be useless. The skin is practically metal.

The Nevermore took a sharp corner, I looked duo quickly to see us charging towards Yang. She was firing rounds of explosions towards the incoming bird. Once the bird got close enough she jumped in its mouth.  I blinked a few times before realizing that this was real. She was currently shooting explosions down the birds throat. Then the bird began to shake, this is my cue to get the fuck off.

I back flipped off the bird and landed on a small tower. Mere seconds later and the Nevermore had crashed into the Cliffside.

"Hey Sam!" I looked over to see Yang sticking her tongue out at me. "Whatever Blondie!"

Our banter was short-lived as the Nevermore landed on another ruin pierce. Yang looked over at me and smirked. The both of us dashed forward as the ice queen passed us. She froze the Nevermore's tail feathers to the building.

"Sam with me!" Ruby called out as she darted past me. I smirked and saw Lydia helping out Yang and the black haired girl with tying the rope to two pillars. Ruby and I assumed are positions in the center of the rope with Ice Queen using her glyphs to keep us steady.

"Of course you would come up with this idea." Ice queen smirked as she alligned us properly. Ruby smirked and looked over at her. "Think you can make the shot?"

"Hm, can I?" She scoffed and looked over at the cliff. Ruby raised a brow and looked at the white haired individual.

"Can yo-"

"Of course I can!" She defended herself as she made her final adjustments. "Ready Sam?!"

"Let's go kick some Never ass!" I smirked as the human like slingshot was fired once more. Ruby and I were sent hurtling towards the Nevermore. I lined up Kalamity for the Nevermore's neck. Ruby pinned the Nevermore back, I picked in Kalamity right under the beak. On cue, Ice Queen's glyphs were scaling the building.

"Let's do this Little Red!" I smirked as we both began running up the cliff. Neither of us dared to slow our pace until we reached the top. With one final blow the head came clearly off, we both flipped and landed in a crouched position atop of the cliff. I shot a smile over I'm the red clad girl, which she returned instantly.

We stood up and walked towards the end of the cliff and peered over the side. Finally I was able to see the full scale of damage we had caused. She put her fist towards me to which I returned the favor.

"SEE LYDIA THIS IS A FIST BUMP! DOESN'T IT LOOK COOL FROM AFAR!" I shouted over the edge to my brown eyed partner. "NOT WHEN YOU RUIN IT BY YELLING ACORSS THE BATTLEFIELD!"

"I GUESS YOU'RE RIGHT!" Ruby was dying of laughter from the idiocy of our conversation. That's one way to lighten the mood at least.