35

Raising your hand to your eye that was covered you couldn't seem weak to Bakugou, who had the feeling building in him as it was now you. The thought of not being able to save someone that was within reach but still so far away at the same time. Gripping the patch you ripped it from your face revealing a slight scar but the very distinct look of your eye duller and paler than the (e/c) it was before.

"(f/n), you shouldn't!" Aizawa went to grab it to place it back on your face to be whacked away. The only reason you wore it was to hide what had happened and to not freak people out that looked into your eyes. There was no medical reason to why you were wearing the patch, the doctors just felt it necessary to come to terms with it.

"It's ok." looking up from your wheelchair at your husband, knowing that you had to fight through the pain. To get your voice back, so that those who needed to hear it could hear it. Gripping Shota's hands he looked at you, knowing what you wanted to do.

"Are you sure?" his voice was a whisper as the students waited patiently to speak to you. Not wanting to scare you, but also wanting to bombard you with hugs and well wishes. All you did was nod, making the monotone, sleepy-looking man sigh. However, inside he was practically ecstatic that you were being more of the woman he knew.

Taking his hands in your he pulled you out of your chair to your feet. At first standing, you were a little wobbly, as if you had one too many tequilas. Seb stood watching, tears filling his eyes that you were on your feet, even if you were being held up.

"It's ok.... that's it one step at a time." It was as if Aizawa was speaking to a baby taking their first steps. The sense of being on your feet was strange and something you were getting used to with the rehabilitation from the hospital, but you wanted to be on your own.

Looking up, you saw bright red eyes that still held the pain in them and you needed to take that pain away from someone so young. Someone who you knew would one day be an amazing hero. Getting Shota's attention you glanced at him, a glance that held a thousand words, making him sigh in defeat.

Positioning himself to your back, his hands on your hips you faced the students smiling. Some of them held tears of regret and sadness at what had happened. They needed to know you were going to be ok, that you were going to be you again, even without a quirk.

Their young faces changed from the expressions they held to one of shock when the large hands of your husband left your body. Leaving in place you trying to catch your balance, looking like Bambi on ice.

As you took your first step, as expected you fell to your knees making Aizawa come to catch you but was stopped as you held your hand in place.

"I got...this," you mumbled pushing yourself back to your unsteady feet. The blood was tingling, as it rushed through your veins. Slowly and carefully you were back on your feet, the direction unsure to all the deadly silent students, they weren't sure what to say or do. Bakugou just watched the look of pain getting more unbearable that you felt you had to lighten the mood.

"It's a world of laughter...A world of tears..." a small smile appeared on your face, as everyone in the room tried to work out the whisper of what sounded almost like singing.

"It's a world of hopes...And a world of fears...There's so much that we share..." the words were getting a little louder the closer you got to Bakugou. The ash blonde's face held the same confusion as the rest of the class and their teachers. However, the man with red hair and apple green eyes knew exactly what you were singing. After being put through the torture, so many times but right now he loved the song.

To Seb the song you were singing held hope, the hope that one day you would get past this and be even stronger. Shota glanced at the man to see if he knew what you were singing and from the smile on the handsome hero's face, he felt happiness begin to seep its way back into his heart.