27

As soon as you were there, you were gone again from Aizawa's sight. Rushed straight into the emergency room, the doctors were completely baffled at how you were currently still breathing and hadn't kicked the bucket. Aizawa knew you were stubborn as hell, even you would defy dying if you felt it wasn't your time to clock out. 

It was a tense wait for the man who paced the halls with Seb, also unwilling to go anywhere until you were at least out of surgery. Eventually, the two were joined by others who'd stayed at the crime scene helping others that had been injured. Nemuri, Hizashi and also All Might was there, after getting patched up. 

No one spoke as they waited, even the chatty Hizashi was silent as the grave even if he wanted to talk, he couldn't think of a single thing to say to the man he considered as his best friend. It was at least six hours before anyone came out to speak to your husband, who upon hearing shoes on the hospital corridor shot up like a rocket facing the direction. 

"Mr Aizawa, I'm Doctor Appleby." holding her hand to shake the trembling rough one of the man who looked like he'd not slept in his life. 

"Is she alive? Please I need to see her." there was pure panic in the normally composed man, who felt a hand on his shoulder to see the blonde hair of All Might, in his frail form. It was the look in his eyes that gave the man hope. The hope that everyone here knew you would fight to the very end. 

"Let's go sit down, I need to discuss what has happened but I can assure you she is alive." Even though the doctor was being reassuring, everyone who stood there knew what was going to come next wouldn't be easy on their friend. "Please, if you would come with me, Mr Aizawa." She was a friendly looking woman, who had most likely see some shit in her time as a doctor. However, the state you'd been brought in, had affected the woman, knowing she would have nightmares. 

"You can tell me in front of them? I need to know." Aizawa was being irrational, not wanting to be walked to a waiting room alone. If he was alone, he'd have to face the fact of whatever had happened alone. Something that he would usually be happy to bear, but he knew that every single one of the people who's not left his side had a right to know what had happened. 

"Very well, if you can all follow me to her room." the doctor began walking, knowing that they would follow and keep up. It was a busy night, but she's wanted to do this personally. The subject and the trauma caused was too sensitive, that she was the best to deal with questions that would be throwing at her.  

As they walked in there was a curtain covering you from their sight, but to Aizawa he already felt relief that he knew that just behind that curtain the woman he loved was recovering. 

"Ok, I'll just explain what has happened and then you can spend as much time here as you like. Usually, we wouldn't but you are all great heroes and so was she." Every single one of the adults in the room caught the tone the woman had stated. 

"What do you mean she was? She still fuckin' alive don't talk..." Aizawa went off on one raging at the doctor as Hizashi grabbed his arm. 

"Man, let her finish. She is just doin' her job. Check me?" the normally playful, loud blonde seemed almost muted by the event. This made the black-haired man's gaze return to the doctor, who looked more pissed off at the barrage but she was also tired, realising that her wording could be better. 

"Ok, let me get everything out. Then any questions, I'm happy to answer but I can assure you this isn't pretty. I can see you want me to be completely frank with you, as much as I would prefer to keep this professional, your wife was in an extremely poor state. The fact she is breathing is completely her. I admire her determination to stay alive a weaker person would have caved a long time before she did." there was a gloomy demeanour within the room as the doctor looked at each of the heroes. 

"Your wife was tortured. Both her fingernails and toenails were ripped away. It appears they may have used waterboarding, and there were multiple burns on her body from what we believe to be shock treatment. I believe she was restrained in a very uncomfortable position so that she was unable to use her quirk. This has caused multiple lacerations to her wrists and ankles, and that doesn't even count for the beats and slashing damage that she took. One of her eyes may not work or will at least have impaired vision." the doctor's face was getting darker with everything that she explained to the group, as Aizawa was hunched his face in his hands as silent tears of rage spilt from his eyes. 

No one in the room could speak, Seb had to rush to a bin to throw his guts up at one point making the doctor stop. Letting the damage you'd taken sink into the group before she explained the final bit of bad news that she had to give them and why she made it seem as though you would never be a hero again. 

"This next bit will be the hardest to swallow." looking at the group, they looked at her in disbelief that, how the hell could there be something worse than being tortured and beaten to an inch of your life.

"Please doctor, we'd like to get this over with. That way we can deal with it." All Might was currently the only one able to form words, having a gut feeling he knew what was about to be said. He'd hoped he was going to be a group, but he knew that he wasn't after knowing All for One power. 

"Your right, All Might!" Sighing Dr Appleby knew this wasn't going to be easy for any hero to hear, that power can be stolen from a person's very being. "Mrs Aizawa, is now deemed as quirkless." she glanced away as Shota eyes shot up to the woman who stood there, who could feel the intensity of his glare. 

"What the hell do you mean? Her quirk is gone that isn't logically possible!" his voice began to get louder making the doctor jump. "You're wrong. You can't say you know that!" he was furious that the doctor had called the hero behind the curtain quirkless. 

"I'm so sorry Mr Aizawa. I've never seen anything like this." she was trying to keep her composure but it was cracking, and she still had to go to help other people. "I couldn't tell you more until she wakes up. The problem is, we believe she is in a coma. As if her body is trying to deal with things that she may have seen, but also the stress that was on her body." the woman walked over to the curtain. 

Trembling with each step not sure how the man, who looked as if he couldn't quite compute what she was saying. Gripping the curtain she had her back to the group "It's possible that she may not wake up. That her body has taken too much" even the doctor was on the brink of tears when she pulled the curtain back. 

Everyone's eyes widen in pure horror! There were casts, bandages, tubes and life support all over the usually sassy bubbly woman. Shota walked over slowly before he was at the edge of the bed looking down into your bruised face, a bandage covering one of your usually sparkling (e/c) eyes. 

It was as if he was frozen not able to hear the questions for the doctor from the other people in the room. The only two people to him right now were you and him! 

"Come on! (f/n) you need to wake up!" he wanted to hold your hand but he couldn't, even though you were asleep you looked so fragile that he didn't want to break you. Time had slowed as he just stood, staring at you, his wife, broken and battered. Clenching his hand over his heart, it was as if it had been broken into pieces. It hadn't long been put back together by the love that you had both accepted, but now the villains had taken his heart and shattered it. 

Shota Aizawa had a broken heart, one that could only be fixed by you and he would wait a million years if he had to. Just to hear you tell him one more time that you loved him so that he could hold you in his arms, not letting you go away again. 

***Thank you for reading***