28

It was a long night, it felt like the worst night that the man had ever felt in his life. Shota was a hero and he'd see some shit in his time. This, however, was a whole new level he wasn't sure how to deal with it. All the shaggy-haired man wanted to do, was grab his yellow sleeping bag and sleep right next to you until the moment your eyes opened again. 

At some point during the night, he'd fallen asleep and the others went home or to hotels to try to get some sleep but it didn't come easier for any of them. Even Bakugou struggled to sleep after what he'd seen the villains had done to you, but your words also stuck in his head, as if playing over and over again on a loop that he would be a hero for you. 

Shota hadn't realised that he'd fallen asleep on the chair next to your bed. It wasn't until Seb came back the next day with breakfast and coffee, knowing the man would be going through grief. Seb himself had lost a friend and would need to go back to the States with the hero Tech Guy in a body bag. Not only that his best friend was in possibly a critical condition in a hospital, and he knew he would need to step up to make sure everything you'd worked hard for didn't go up in smoke. 

Walking into the room the sight was heartbreaking for the red-haired man, but taking a deep breath he approached the older man. 

"Aizawa, it's morning and well ermm I brought you something to eat." tapping the man's head before quickly stepping away since the man in question went into a defence fight stance, before seeing it was just the man he'd met not that long ago. 

"Seb, I'm not hungry." it was dry and hoarse making the man been spoken to sigh, he felt crap himself and didn't feel like eating but he knew what you'd say if you were there. 

"I know. I'm not either but you know she'd kick both our ass when she wakes up," that made the black eyes of the man glare into the apple greens ones of the younger man. "Glare at me all you want. I'm just telling you how it is." placing the pastry and coffee on the table, he pulled up a seat and just stared at you sleeping, the only inclination you were still alive was the constant beep of the heart monitor. That was only because your breathing was so shallow they couldn't see the rise and fall of your chest. 

It was deathly silent in the room, only the sound of the machines could be heard drowning out the sound of the two men breathing. What shocked Seb was when Aizawa grabbed the coffee taking a small sip before placing the cup back down. 

"Seb? You think she will wake up?" it was barely a whisper as the man being questioned glanced at the man's ashen face briefly before looking back to the bed. 

"I know she will. Nothing can keep her down." it was positive but it was strained, it was hard for the usually laid back hero to be so hopeful. Not wanting to come to terms with the fact you may never wake up. "I'm gonna go back home tomorrow. I have to sort Simon's funeral and well take care of the company. I'll make a portal to here, so I can come back in a heartbeat." taking a sip of his own coffee, he looked overhearing a massive sigh from the man sat near him. 

"You're right. I need to train the kids. She'd kick seven bells of shit out of me if I let this hold me back from responsibilities." Aizawa didn't sound like himself if anything it was as if the last bit of emotion had left his very being. 

"Yeah me and you both. Look, her healing here is the best thing. The woman is too stubborn to let them get the best of her." Seb stood up walking over to the bed. "Hear that you stubborn beautiful woman! When you wake your lazy ass up I want you to call me an idiot man child!" the guy was so determined and tears spilt from his eyes as Shota stood up placing a hand on the man that got his wife backs shoulder. 

"Thank you for bringing my wife back to me. (f/n) was right when she said you're a pro." Aizawa's words sunk deep into the man crying over your hospital bed. 

"I'll prove her right. Thank you, let me know if you need anything but I need to head home." turning to leave, Seb looked back one last time for this visit with the hope you would indeed prove him right and wake your sleeping beauty ass up. 

Yet again it was just Shota in there looking at you, waiting for the doctor to come back. "(f/n), I promise that I will model my students into amazing heroes. When you wake up we will start for a family, whether it's IVF or we need to adopt. You will be an amazing Mum because every one of my students knows how amazing you are. So please I beg you...wake up if not for me then for them."

Hearing footsteps at the door he knew it was his friends before he turned around but he had one last thing to say before he got on with his duty as a hero, a teacher but most of all as your husband. 

"(f/n) Aizawa, I'm so proud of you and I couldn't have asked for a better wife and best friend. I love you and I cannot live without you. So get your curvy ass healed and wake up, because I will never ever be letting you go again." the people at the door had stopped to give him a moment before he turned to greet them and the doctor. 

 After that, a lot happened since the students had been put in danger again the school decided to make dormitories. Aziawa and All Might had to go persuade the students, who currently only knew that the Pro Hero Camo was in possibly critical condition in the hospital. They had also been told by their parents to not question their teacher on the details, due to them being private. 

Bakugou, of course, had seen what state you were in but didn't want to bring it up. What he did tell Aizawa though was that he was able to stay strong because of the words you had said to him when captured. 

Everything seemed to be moving at such speed whilst you slept. A week turned into a month then a month turned into six months, with still no sign that you would wake up from the slumber you were in. The hospital had also requested for Recovery Girl to help heal you a little quicker, but still, it didn't wake you up even as it hit a year since you last had your eyes open. 

Life carried on as normal a lot happening in the time you slept. The students you helped passing hero licences, a lot of them making their big debuts as well as defeating some pretty big villains. If you'd have been awake you'd have been so proud at the way they'd all adapted, becoming stronger just as you knew they would. 

Seb kept to his word by visiting most weeks through a portal he created, since he's spent a lot of time it got easier and easier. Of course, other members of the agency had to come via plane to visit over the year. Seb also ran the agency with the help of the heroes you'd employed, as well as helping it to grow. Your apartment was left as it was but Happy went to live at Seb's, of course, Aizawa loved cats but he knew the attachment that the red-headed man had to the cat. 

The biggest change, one that had to affect Aizawa the most was the little girl who he'd helped save that needed a home. Taking it upon himself he adopted the little white-haired girl Eri, who had been through something so traumatic he wanted to help. It was a big decision, but he knew if you'd have been awake, you would have agreed with him and wouldn't have a second thought about taking her in. 

Whilst sleeping so many people came to visit from your husband, Eri and his students, the people from the agency, as well as other heroes you'd worked with over the years. This, of course, included Endeavour, who'd begun down a path of redemption for all the horrid actions that he'd done to his family. 

But still, you continued to sleep, with no clear signs that you would be waking up. All your vitals were fine, sure you'd drop a lot of weight as well as your hair had grown extremely long. The hospital had offered to cut it but Seb had told them not to, as you'd been growing it out before the incident. 

On the anniversary of the incident, there was a moment of silence in memory of the man that had lost his life but also for what everyone was calling the 'The Sleeping Hero'. Praying that one day her smile would be present in the world so that she could be thanked for the service she'd done but of course, no one knew if that day would ever come.

However, as you lay there in your slumber your eyelashes began to flutter.....

***Thank you for reading***