32

It was a tough week for the hero who had a blank expression most of the time, the man that would hide his emotions from the world. Now though he had to hide the pain he was feeling from Eri, his students but also to you, whenever he would visit. 

After the outburst of you screaming out you wanted to kill Grey, not knowing that All For One had already done the deed, those closest to you visited as much as they could. Seb would spend hours just sitting on his phone, glancing at you from time to time, when Aizawa was teaching and when he'd finished Aizawa would go in place of Seb. The two of them taking shifts on making sure you knew it wasn't your fault. 

Both men trying hard to show a brave face, when in fact all they wanted to do was pull you in close and tell you that everything was going to be ok, that you will get through this and be stronger on the other side. However, after the fit of rage they'd seen, Doctor Appleby advised that it was possible that you may need to go to a rehabilitation centre for 24-hour care. 

Of course, your husband refused point-blank to let you go anywhere else and that he knew, you need to go home with him. The only problem was, that home was currently at the dorms, even though he had an apartment, it was the safest place for Eri and in his opinion the safest place for you to be. 

Seb couldn't even argue this, as much as he wanted you to come back to the States with him. The red-haired man knew that you needed to be in the company of the man you'd loved since you were little but it was harder to accept than he'd originally thought. Even with his quirk, he couldn't bear not knowing if you were safe after what had happened. 

Before they knew it, a full week had passed, and you'd not spoken another word to anyone. In your uncovered eye, it looked dull and lifeless, as if every bit of joy and happiness had been removed from your very being. Of course, Shota had wanted to get you to meet Eri as soon as possible but All Might had persuaded him to leave it another week since he'd heard what had happened the day after you'd woke up. 

Before they knew it, week after week passed by, the smile never returning to your face as you become more and more frustrated, with the fact you could barely take one step before falling flat on your face. The strength in your arms, however, was returning to the point you could feed yourself and take sips of water without constant help. 

It hadn't gone unnoticed by the students of 2-A, that their homeroom teacher was becoming increasingly more short with his temper at them messing around but also that he seemed exhausted. Plus, every time they asked how you were doing he would say 'Camo is doing well but she is more concerned that you are doing your utmost to become heroes.' 

It did sound like something you would have said in the past, but it was the look in his usually emotionless eyes that gave away the truth. The truth of the fact was, you weren't doing well and he was hiding something from them. No one knowing that the Hero Camo was going to have to retire due to having her quirk removed and that the sight in her right eye was now a blur. 

Yet another week passed by, Eri herself wanting to meet who would be her new mum. Aizawa having to explain that you were extremely exhausted and still recovering from the incident. None of it was a lie, but as All Might watched a man he considered a friend breaking on the inside and not sharing the pain it broke the retired 'Symbol of Peace' to the point he couldn't take it anymore. 

Three weeks had passed since you awoke, and even though, in reality, you'd achieved a lot more than most people would in your situation, you felt you were still the husk of your former self. Constantly replaying what you could have done differently in your head, trying to work out how you could have saved Simon, how you could have prevented Bakugou from being taken. 

The turmoil was unbearable, to the point you started to refuse to sleep. Every time your eyes closed you saw the smiling face of Simon, as he gargled on his own blood and the malice look in Grey's eyes as he killed the pro hero.