25 - Preparing myself for hell

Start from the beginning

We were walking towards my locker. We still had 10 minutes before the first bell rang and we had just arrived so we didn't really see anybody.

"And you must always keep a big smile. He's gonna want to remember that. This day is crucial to your relationship in the future. Otherwise, Alicia, Tyler, and John won't have a chance to live!" She said writing down the word 'smile' with big capital letters in a pink post-it.

I looked at her confused. "Who are those people?!"

"Your future kids, silly!" She said smiling at me.

"WHAT?!" I shouted. "Patty, there's no way I'm having three kids. Especially not with Adam!"

"Yes, you are! And you're lucky I decided to keep Jack and Stephanie out of the scene. And let's not forget your pets."

"Pets?! You l know I freaking hate animals!"

"Well, little Princess, King, and Bubbles need a special home! And I'm sure Adam wouldn't mind!"

"THREE PETS?!"

"Oh, don't worry!" She said patting my back. "It'll be a fish tank. You two would figure it out with time. I'll be able to give you guys all the help you'll ever need."

We had just arrived at my locker and I started putting the combination with such anger that I don't know how I didn't break it.

"Patty, there's no way in hell that will ever happen. Neither I nor Adam will ever like each other that way! So, for once keep your fangirling down a little, ok?" I yelled at her opening my locker.

Which I probably shouldn't have done, because the moment I did, tons of bright red confetti blasted into my face right from the inside of the locker.

"What the...?" I murmured trying to clean my face of the stupid paper of hell that confetti was.

But the moment I opened my eyes, I was shocked.

Right in front of me, I had a big pastel yellow poster saying 'Happy Valentine's Day' with terrible handwritten capital letters in bright red and little hearts drawn all over the place.

I slowly turned to Patty who was smiling widely at the scene.

"Patty, did you give him my new locker combination?" I asked very quietly.

"What?!" She responded clearly lying. "Nooooo! I would never! How bad do you th- Oh look there's a letter on the door!"

I looked at the locker door and saw a small green envelope with 'PS' written on it with the same handwriting glued to it.

I pulled it off the small metal door and opened looking more like I was about to rip it all into a million pieces.

Inside the envelope was a small blue card, now written with a normal blue pen (but still looking pretty terrible) with some words written on it.

8 pm

Wear something nice

● ● ●

"Get that instrument of hell away from me!"

"C'mon Caroline, just a tiny piece of make-up. Lipstick at least! I beg you!"

"NO!" And then I just throw a pillow at my best friend's face. She was not happy about it. But she deserved it. It was bad enough that she had put me on some weird woolen sweater that was itchy as hell everywhere and wasn't even allowing me to put on one of my favorite beanies because it would ruin the way she had combed my hair or something like that. And she wanted me to wear my hair down. Which was totally out of the question, because my ponytail was one of my trademarks. And the same thing with my glasses.