Odd Alliances

THE HUB,
Bethesda, east of Elydria.
2420 A.A,

Havillah had not come back.

Not that night or the next and on the third day, Killion found himself entertaining an odd trio that had decided to walk into his office in the middle of the morning uninvited. The  Hub was now abuzz with the news. Of the three strangers dressed in beautiful glittering robes. That walked in with a regality of queens. Three ladies whose beauty compared to none. To none else other than that strange girl who had once visited Bethesda. Whom their captain was besotted with much to the chagrin of his supposed fiancée, Calla Barrageway .

The three women, each much different from the rest, apart from the design and fabric of their robes had taken the town by storm. The people of the town and especially the Hub claimed that they had never seen anything like it. Like angels, these ladies could fly, make objects levitate and other wonderful things, some of course were exaggerations, even as the gossip mills continued to spin the fantastic tales with much flourish. 

And indeed the tales were many tales. Tales of flamboyant beings and ancient powerful people who had once walked and ruled the earth beside the Great kings. Their power and ethereal beauty, a thing to marvel about. Rulers of the old world– the Great, the heirs of the priestdoms that had one day taken off and left the world in a state of chaos, right after the death of the Last King.

Were they coming back now? Were the priestdoms finally being restored? Where had they been all this time? Such were the whispers. Hushed words spoken in low tones even as the residents wondered and remembered that ancient bitterness that the fear of the terrors had blotted away.

"Well...what news of my daughter, Captain Lithewood?" It was now confirmed that the stately woman with a head of long ash blond rocks that flowed all the way to the back of her knees and a set of molten silver eyes was in fact Havillah's mother. The other two were her friends and as the yellow blonde continued to glare back at Killion, the captain found himself floundering, made uncomfortable by the anger and contempt that he saw buried deep within those huge emeralds.

What had he done to deserve such ire? He shook his head ridding himself of the thoughts that would quickly distract him as he turned to address the woman that was Havillah's mother.

"None. We have searched everywhere but it seems like she vanished into thin air." He answered,vtaking the time to study the purple robes and the more elaborate detailing that spoke of what? Rank? Power? He would never know as he did not have the guts to ask those questions.  The questions that continued to gnaw at the back of his mind even as he stared back at the golden vines with buds embroidered on the edges and hems of her purple Triban robes. For how could he when her daughter Havillah was still missing? And it was all his fault. Had she been still here, maybe he would have worked up the courage to ask her some questions and maybe, even learn more of these Great that his Nana kept on prattling about.

"How convenient. Don't you think so Sergeant Barrageway?" she turned her cold gaze on Calla.

How did she even know? Killion shuddered as he watched the stare down between the two women. One gaze hostile and questioning while the other remained arrogant even in the face of such an intrusion.

Eventually Calla gave in, turning away with a heavy sigh and slight slump to her shoulders that were ever propped up. Even Calla was no match to this woman, whoever she was. And the more Killion continued to study her, the more he was convinced that this woman was not a person they could trifle with, not that he had ever planned to do so in the very first place.

"I did not do anything I swear. I was mad at her– but no. I did not do anything to her."

"I see–" The woman began to respond just as Gabriel jumped to question her.