05. Vᴇɴɢᴇᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡᴀs ɪɴᴇᴠɪᴛᴀʙʟᴇ

Nisha walked into the Rathore house, early in the morning, as she does, for her breakfast before college. It's been a week since that day, now, and everything was normal, and Nisha was quite pleased to see Kabir "behaving" with her. Nisha settled over her seat on the dining table and greeted Vasu, who sat before her, when Arjun too walked out of his room, getting ready for his office.

"Good morning, Uncle." Nisha greeted him, as well.

Arjun smiled and ruffled her hair, saying, "Good morning to you too, beta. Where's Ramy?"

"Dad left for the hotel, already. He was saying that he had some early morning meeting with some American clients. He said that he'll be back in some time," Nisha said and Arjun nodded saying, "I also just have some video conferences to do from home. We can have some nice carrom time, when he comes back, then. Those good old days, I remember."

"And like those good old days, I am gonna make some nice Rajma Rice for lunch." Vasu said, and smiled.

"Good idea, and by the way, where are your kids?" Arjun asked Vasu, and there was a slight change of tone and he still looked irritated by what Kabir did.

"Arjun, leave now. It's okay, nah. Jojo is your son. Kab tak gussa dikhaoge?" Vasu asked, trying to convince him.

"Kaarnaame bhi to chote nahi hai, tumhaare Jojo ke." Arjun said, and Vasu sighed, getting exhausted.

Nisha was feeling guilty about everything.

"Uncle, it's okay. Jojo isn't at fault. His friends did that. I got to know, later. Please forgive him." Nisha almost pleaded Arjun.

"Even if he didn't do that, his behaviour that day, wasn't acceptable." Arjun stated, and Vasu and Nisha looked at each other, worried.

"Neither was yours, Arjun. You slapped him. You never even raised your voice at him, before. Did you even think how bad he must've felt? And moreover, you slapped him in his college. He has some reputation there." Vasu said and Arjun breathed, sharply, and shook his head in disbelief.

"Uncle, Jojo isn't even having his food, properly, since a week." Nisha lied and Vasu looked at Nisha confused, while Arjun stopped for a moment and looked at Nisha and then, Vasu, blankly.

"Is it?" Arjun asked Vasu, and Vasu looked at Nisha, and Nisha shook her head, rapidly, asking her to continue with the drama, and as soon as Arjun looked at Nisha, finding Vasu looking at her in confusion, Nisha looked away, not wanting to get caught.

"Haan..." Vasu said, suddenly, attracting Arjun's attention.

"Haan?" Arjun asked, confused.

"Mera matlab hai, haan, Kabir hasn't been eating properly since a week. I even cooked his favourite pasta yesterday, but, he didn't eat. You know how much he loves the pasta that I make, right?" Vasu spoke and lowered her head, sadly, giving wings to Nisha's drama, and Nisha rose her thumbs in the air, praising her for her acting skills.

"Is my behaviour really effecting him so much?" Arjun asked, as if pondering over the fact and feeling guilty.

"I even saw him crying in the college, two days ago," Nisha said, "I asked him what has happened, but, he didn't tell me anything, and aur zor se rone laga."