28. N̶̶e̶̶v̶̶e̶̶r̶ Fᴀʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ-ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ..

-Aᴠᴏɪᴅ ᴛʏᴘᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ᴇʀʀᴏʀs-

Kabir groaned in his sleep and stirred a bit on the bed, a little, as the sunrays touched his face, only to wake Nisha up, as her hair tangled in his shirt's buttons, pulled, upon his movements. She howled and raised her head and glared at him, and he looked at her in confusion. He only understood what had happened when she pointed at her hair stuck in his shirt's button, and that too, with a grumpy face. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and faced his palm to her, asking her to wait a moment, as he tried to free her hair, but she restlessly tried to do it herself.

And as they kept struggling to do it, the knock at the door startled them.

It was definitely Ramesh, and the same was confirmed when he called Nisha out from the door, assuming that she was sleeping, when the door was not opened. Nisha was scared they would get caught when Ramesh pushed open the door, but Kabir too was quick and hid under the bed, almost immediately. Nisha was dumbfounded when Ramesh quickly walked in, holding the cordless, and looking frustrated.

"Cheekoo, here, take this. Talk to your Nani."

Ramesh hurried towards her with the cordless and gave it to her.

"Baat kar. She only calls to scold me."

He complained as she looked at him in confusion, while he stood before her with crossed arms. Nisha nodded as she held the phone against her ear and mumbled a 'Hello' into the phone, but though she waited, she received no answer.

"She's not replying."

Nisha said and he walked towards her, when Kabir moved back a little, scared, that he would get caught. His eyes fell over the two, half emptied, and empty bottles of vodka lying over the floor, which Ramesh hadn't yet noticed, probably. Kabir though sure that maybe he wouldn't get caught, was also sure about the thing that she would be dead if Ramesh saw the bottles.

"Call her back."

Ramesh told her.

"Umm, dad, I'll just call her in a few minutes, okay? I need to check some mails, actually."

She made an excuse and Ramesh nodded, and she was relieved when turned to leave, but her heart almost stopped beating when he, instead of leaving, sat down on the chair near her study table, looking into his phone.

"What happened, dad?"

She asked, when she saw him sit down.

"I need to check some mails, too."

Ramesh said and continued scrolling in his phone, while Nisha panicked as she couldn't find any excuse, and at the place that he was sitting, it was not long before Kabir gets caught. Nisha was confused, when she didn't at first know that why she decided to hide Kabir in the first place, but now that she had hid him, there was no way that he could come out.

"Paa, I think someone rang the bell."

Nisha said, quickly hopping down the bed and covering Kabir.

"No one did."

Ramesh said, eyeing at her for a moment, and then looking back into his phone.

"Dad, I am sure that someone did. Why don't you go and check it?"

Nisha insisted, hoping that he would leave.

"My ears are just fine, Cheekoo."

He said and looked at her suspiciously.

"All good na? Hope you are not hiding someone in the room."