31. Cʜᴇᴇᴋᴏᴏ's Jᴏᴊᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀ.

-Aᴠᴏɪᴅ ᴛʏᴘᴏs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ᴇʀʀᴏʀs-

Kabir sat down on his bed with his laptop, as he waited for his college website to load quickly. The internet was also a tad bit slow, and he couldn't help it. The placement results were to be announced today, and perhaps, that was the reason that the website of their college that people barely visited was glitching today. His eyes were fixed on the screen and as soon as the particulars of the website appeared on the screen, he typed in some keywords into the search box and a notice in the pdf format which was uploaded just a few minutes ago, was visible on the screen. He quickly downloaded the file into his laptop and was tensed as he waited for it to open. The worry in his head was not about him; it was about his best-friend, who he knew had lied to him about her placement interview going well. He could see how her smile did not reach her eyes that day.

He could see his name on the top as he scanned through the list, but he purposely avoided it, as he went on to find her name in a list of approximately four hundred students. He had tried searching her name through the 'control+F' function, but the search had showed no data that way. He still continued his search manually, but even after a proper, focussed search, he couldn't find her name anywhere. The answer was obvious; she had not passed the interview. He then scrolled up and saw his name at the top of the list; 'Kabir Singh Rathore / Le Arsac Legal / selected'. He dug his face into the hollow of his palms and groaned. He was selected and she wasn't. He could see each and every name in the list, except of those who haven't appeared for the interview and Nisha; barely anyone was missing. He couldn't fathom whether what went so wrong in the interview that she wasn't selected. He was still unsure and rechecked the list a few more times, and still, there wasn't the name he wanted to see, and so, he took his laptop and walked out of his house and entered Nisha's house. Ramesh who happened to be watering his plants was curious seeing him enter his house ever so seriously that he didn't stop by to greet him before he went to meet Nisha.

Kabir walked straight up the stairs and entered her room without knocking, startling her in the middle of her Zumba workout session. She was breathing heavily and frowned a little, seeing him, gape at him with wide, furious eyes, and just as she was about to ask him something, he took the remote lying on the bed, paused the Zumba session running on the television and holding her by her arms, he made her sit down on the bed.

"Cheekoo, what happened on the day of the interview?"

He furiously asked, as he kept his laptop beside her and crossed his arms, as he stood before her. She was confused; she didn't know why suddenly he chose to raise the topic.

"The interview, of course?"

She tried to be witty, but it only angered him more.

"Oh, really? Then why isn't your name on the list, Cheekoo?"

He asked; he was clearly not in a very right mood.

"Which list?"

She still asked nonchalantly, as if it didn't bother her. He opened his laptop and faced the screen towards her. He couldn't comprehend why she behaved so normally; she just plainly scrolled through the screen and knew that there wasn't her name, and she was unbothered.

"Now, tell me, did you even give the interview?"

He asked, sternly, raising her face with his index finger under her chin, as he found her looking away. She was definitely not trying to face him.

"I went for the interview."

She spoke with a blank face. His expressions softened hearing what she had to speak.