"Twin daggers?"

"Mhmm." Cecil nodded, gesturing to her dagger holders.

Her classmate, a nondescript female student, leaned down to observe the dagger. The handles were a polished black, and its material seem smooth. It has an indiscernible pattern of the earth insignia inscribed on the front bolster and rear bolster and at that moment, Cecil reached out and touched one of the dagger with her right hand.

The insignia glowed with a pretty green and she unsheathed the dagger. The student gasped in awe, intrigued by the gorgeous dagger.

Now that Cecil had the time, she could finally admire her daggers properly.

Its silverish-white blade was sharp and straight, but it was slightly curved at the blunt edge. There was a hint of black at the end of the body, adding a nice contrast.

Cecil proceeded to draw out the other dagger, raising her eyebrows when she realised this dagger was completely black. Similar to the design of the other dagger, there was a hint of silverish-white to act as a good contrast as well.

"They look really pretty."

"Thank you."

"Thanks for showing me your daggers too!"

The female student jogged forward, curiously investigating the weapons of others.

***

The expedition ended on a peaceful note, and the teachers from the respective division guided their students back. It was still in the odd hours of midnight, and the teachers sent the students back to their dorms.

"Miss Eri."

"Yes, Cecil?"

Cecil bowed slightly out of politeness. "Can I make a request for my lessons?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Instead of teaching me to use my weapons first, could you teach me how to accelerate the growth of plants, herbs and flowers?"

Her teacher frowned at her words. "You do not wish to improve your fighting abilities?"

"It is not my priority."

Eri pondered for a moment, before smiling and patting Cecil on the shoulder.

"Alright, that's fine. Since it's you, you'll be able to catch on quickly and you won't lack too far behind from others."

Cecil smiled back at her teacher, overjoyed. "Thank you very much, Miss Eri."

"It must mean a lot to you to do this first," her teacher added, patting her shoulder once more. "Go ahead and rest. I'll see you tomorrow."

Cecil nodded, heading back into her dorm.

***

Cecil opened her windows to her room which led to a small balcony. Her mind was wide awake and she couldn't sleep.

"You are back."

"...you aren't supposed to be here." Cecil turned to look at Kai stepping down from the fence.

Kai scratched his head, "my bad, I was too impatient and worried about your expedition. Since you even said that you needed to use that glove."

Cecil smiled, reaching into her robe for the glove. She had already placed the Flaming Lavender in a glass container.

"It helped me a lot, you can give it back now." she handed the glove back to Kai.

Kai took it, blinking curiously. "What was the herb anyway?"