𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

A few months had gone by since the incident, Alessya hasn't tried to get in touch with Mar, nor has Merrit been in touch with Samy. Alessya still unaware of what happened to Mar after she had run away from the party. They had completely cut themselves off from the world; it was now spring break and they had decided on taking a trip back down to New Jersey to visit the boys and girls. But without their knowledge, not everyone was ecstatic about their return.

Last Merrit heard, Samy was now in a happy relationship with Yvenka, and they planned on moving in together after high school ended in a few months. She was devastated by the news, having been in love with Samy, but she knew it was for the best, for the both of them. She hadn't yet told Alessya the news of their eventful breakup, knowing Alessya would be angry. She had trusted Samy with Merrit's heart, as much as she trusted Mar with her own, and they both let her down.

Things had started to look up for Alessya in her life, having received an early acceptance letter into UCLA on a full ride scholarship for a degree in art. And she was debating whether or not to take it, she really wanted a fresh start away from everyone, and she felt that this would be the answer to her problems.

Sure, sometimes she found herself thinking about and missing Mariano. Wanting to do nothing but call him and see how he was; she had a pained feeling in her chest almost as if to feel that he was hurt or in danger, but she brushed it off as just being a broken heart.

She was left without answers, what had gone wrong? She couldn't help but to blame herself for their split. Had she done something that caused him to cheat?? It was bad to say that she never really thought about it until today, but it was the truth. They had been left in a situation that turned ugly, fast; and that mixed with the large amount of liquor and alcohol in their bodies were what made it worse.

Soon enough, Merrit walked out the bathroom into Alessya's room as she stood by her closet going through her clothes to pack for Jersey. The sound of Merrit's voice could be heard, breaking Alessya out her train of thought.

"Alessya, can we talk?" Merrit asked anxiously as she paced, not knowing how to come out to anyone about what she had just discovered.

Seeing how scared she was, Alessya quickly nodded her head before pulling them over to the bed to sit down and speak. "What's up hun?" Alessya asked worriedly, not knowing what to expect out this conversation.

Once seated, Alessya holding Merrit's hands in her own as a sense of comfort, tears were brought to her eyes. Frightened by the reaction of her best friend. She was still in denial over the whole thing but she knew it was true and now she'd live with it.

"Merrit, babe, you okay?" Alessya asked once more as she rubbed circles onto Merrits back, trying to comfort her.

"I'm pregnant!" Merrit blurt out before looking up to meet Alessya's gaze.

All Alessya could do was widen her eyes in shock, her jaw dropping as she sat there shocked. But she was soon to catch herself, pulling Merrit into a tight hug as she squealed.

"I'm gonna be a godmother!! This is great, I mean you and Samy should be h-" Alessya was cut off.

"It's Kairi's.." Merrit admitted before looking back down, letting the tears begin to fall.

All Alessya could do was sit back as her mouth fell open in surprise, too shocked to say anything. Not exactly knowing what to say.

— — — — —

— Back in Jersey

Mattia was guilty. He had blood on his hands now; the blood of the guy who had taken his girl from him, the blood of Mariano. He wasn't sorry for what he had done, he felt no remorse. Mariano took his girl, so he took his life. It was only fair..

But he was afraid of getting caught, he didn't want to be locked up and put away, for Mariano. That man deserved no justice, he deserved to rot in the same place where they buried him. To dispose in the earth while bugs ate away at his flesh. Make him as ugly on the outside as he was on the inside.

Soon being brought out his thoughts, he was faced with none other than his accomplice, Yami..

"What?" He asked bitterly, glaring up at her from where he was seated.

Standing before him with a smirk across her face, she crossed her arms over her chest. "I need you to do me a favor," she spoke out softly.

"Fuck no," Mattia responded simply, running a hand through his hair as he leaned back in his chair.

"I don't remember giving you a choice," she stated as she laughed dryly.

"The fuck you mean giving me a choice?" Mattia questioned as he glared at her, if only looks could kill, she'd be dead.

"You owe me, remember that Mattia. Don't make me go to the cops and start singing like a canary, because we both know that if it came down to it, I will." She replied lowly, bending down to his level so only he'd hear.

Letting out a low, angry sounding noise, almost like a growl he was quick to stand up off the chair. Standing to his full height, he now towered over her as he looked down at her. "Who the fuck are you to threaten me, to blackmail me?" He questioned in a low, deep voice. The anger evident within it.

"I did you a favor by helping keep you out of jail, now you owe me." She repeated, not showing an ounce of fear as she responded like it was nothing.

Knowing this was something he couldn't win, he ran a hand through his hair frustratingly as he stood up straight, crossing his arms across his chest as well. "What?" Was all he asked, wanting to cut to the point already,

"I need you to kill Merrit when she comes," was all Yami said with a shrug as she smiled sweetly up at him.

"What?" Mattia asked, now confused by her request, what had Merrit done to her?? This bitch is really crazy..

"She's a burden to my relationship, I know Kairi loves her. I need her gone, for good. That way he has no choice but to love me." Yami explained as she looked down at her long acrylic nails.

Mattia could only stand there, he had already taken away someone once in Alessya's life, lucky enough to go so long without her snooping around and being curious. But to take another person, let alone her best friend, he knew that'd be the end of him. There's only so much he'd be able to do without her catching on. But if he didn't do it, he'd be turned in within the hour by Yami..

"Okay," Mattia agreed with a deep sigh before his phone dinged. A text message from Alessya letting him know that their flight was tonight.

Guess he'd have to find a way to get Merrit alone.. And he had to plan quick, considering the girls would be there in less than 24 hours.