sixteen - "patricia" - sixteen

"As doctors, we know everybody's secrets. Their medical histories. Sexual histories. Confidential information that is as essential to a surgeon as a ten-blade, and every bit as dangerous. We keep secrets, we have to, but not all secrets can be kept. In some ways, betrayal is inevitable. When our bodies betray us, surgery is often the key to recovery. When we betray each other... When we betray each other, the path to recovery is less clear. We do whatever it takes to rebuild the trust that was lost. And then there are some wounds, some betrayals that are so deep, so profound that there is no way to repair what was lost. And when that happens, there's nothing left to do but wait."
-Meredith Grey, S3E9, "From A Whisper To A Scream"

"At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other, it's usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to, and once we've chosen those people, we tend to stick close by. No matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But sometimes, that invasion of personal space, it can be exactly what you need."
-Meredith Grey, S3E10, "Don't Stand Too Close"

Derek was concerned about his teenage daughter. She seemed depressed. After he and Addison revealed their divorce, Anna kept to her bed. He tried to get her involved in things, reminding her that exercising would be good for her blood sugar, but she refused to leave the trailer. It's been three days since she came home and she hasn't been the same since.

"Wanna go to the hospital with me today?" Derek sat down at the end of her bed, "Or you can spend the day with your mom?"

"She's not my mom anymore, remember? You're divorced."

"Anna." Derek sighed, "You can't stay here alone and spend the whole day in bed. It's not healthy."

"Who cares."

"I care. That's why you're getting up. Come on. Up." Derek grabbed her blankets and flung them back, "Look, Anna, it's the sun."

"Just go to work." Anna whined.

"No, I'm gonna be late." Derek stood, "Get up and get ready. We're leaving."

"Dad."

"I won't tell you again, Anna. Get up now."

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"Why are you researching neurosurgeons when we both know that Derek's better than anybody?"

"I don't want Shepherd."

"You blaming this on him? You know, up until now, I have not yelled. I have not yelled because you were a guy in trouble and I was supporting you, but now?"

"I am yelling!"

"Chief."

"I'm yelling very loudly! I want to retire, Burke! I want my wife back and I passed the torch to you! I passed the torch to you and you blew it out!"

"Look, I know I let you down."

"Burke I'm tired. I'm tired of you men acting like boys. You let me down. And if you don't let Derek fix that hand, you're letting yourself down."

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

Anna, Alex, Izzie, Cristina, George, and even Meredith, all sat down in the basement. They sat in a silence as George worried about his father who was admitted and, apparently, not in good condition.