twelve - "mcsteamy" - twelve

"The key to being a successful intern is what we give up: sleep, friends, and a normal life. We sacrifice it all for that one amazing moment, that moment when you can legally call yourself a surgeon. There are days that make the sacrifices seem worthwhile. And then there are the days where everything feels like a sacrifice. And then there are the sacrifices that you can't even figure out why you're making. A wise man once said - "You can have anything in life if you're willing to sacrifice everything else for it." What he meant is nothing comes without a price. So before you go into battle, you better decide how much you're willing to lose. Too often going after what feels good means letting go of what you know is right. And letting someone in means abandoning the walls you've spent a lifetime building. Of course the toughest sacrifices are the ones we don't see coming. When we don't have time to come up with a strategy to pick sides....or to measure the potential loss. When that happens, when the battle chooses us, and not the other way around, that's when the sacrifice can turn out to be more than we can bear."
-Meredith Grey, S2E23, "Blues For Sister Someone"

"We all go through life like bulls in a china shop. A chip here, a crack there. Doing damage to ourselves, to other people. The problem is trying to figure out how to control the damage we've done, or that's been done to us. Sometimes the damage catches us by surprise. Sometimes we think we can fix the damage. And sometimes the damage is something we can't even see. We're all damaged, it seems. Some of us, more than others. We carry the damage with us from childhood, then as grownups, we give as good as we get. Ultimately, we all do damage. And then, we set about the business of fixing whatever we can."
-Meredith Grey, S2E24, "Damage Control"

"In life we are taught that there are seven deadly sins. We all know the big ones... gluttony, pride, lust. But the sin you don't hear much about is anger. Maybe it's because we think anger is not that dangerous, that you can control it. My point is, maybe we don't give anger enough credit. Maybe it can be a lot more dangerous than we think. After all, when it comes to destructive behavior, it did make the top seven. So what makes anger different from the six other deadly sins? It's pretty simple really, you give into a sin like envy or pride and you only hurt yourself. Try lust or coveting and you'll only hurt yourself and probably one or two others. But anger, anger is the worst... the mother of all sins... Not only can anger drive you over the edge, when it does you can take an awful lot of other people with you."
-Meredith Grey, S2E25, "17 Seconds"

Anna was half asleep, walking around another morning at Seattle Grace, when Meredith stopped her.

"I've been looking for you." Meredith said, out of breath from running around, "Doc's vet said it's just some kind of virus. He's running some blood tests and said your dad can pick him up later tonight."

"Really?" Anna smiled, "He's gonna be okay?"

"Well, he'll be a little tired when he comes back home but he should be fine." Meredith was happy to bring her good news about the beloved dog.

"I gotta go." Meredith looked down at her pager, "Remember to tell your dad."

"I will!"

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"I've got 20 tubes coming out of my body, one of which goes directly into my you-know-what. At some point I'd like to use that you-know-what for something besides peeing into a bag. Like, for instance, peeing into a toilet. It's just- Izzie gave me medical advice. You're giving me different advice. It just so happens that yours is the advice I want to hear."

"Well, Dr. Bailey outranks Dr. Stevens. So, it's safe to say Dr. Bailey's advice is the one to follow."

"That's not what he's worried about, Dr. Grey. He's worried that Dr. Stevens might get her ego bruised and her feelings hurt, am I right?"