~54~

Bianca POV 

"do you want to go see your dad?" adore mumbles, tracing patterns on my bare stomach, her head laying on my chest. it was later that night and we'd had.. a bit of fun before bed. hey, we were apart for a whole 5 days, thats hard for us. i think it was about 12am and neither one of us were sleepy enough to actually sleep yet. not that it was weird for me these days, I had been getting 4 hours sleep a night, if that.

"not yet, they're still doing tests and stuff. I think he said to wait until next week." 

"do you know what it is?" 

"he doesn't wanna tell me over the phone. its kinda making me spiral out a bit but it'll all be fine." I dismiss, blinking back the worrying thoughts. doing that, I realise I stopped playing with adores hair, so I resume that, making adore hum happily. 

"well, when he gives you the okay to visit, im happy to come with you if you want." 

"thank you, babygirl." 

"Hey, mami?"

"Yes, my angel?"

"Can we go away somewhere? Like, a desert island or something." adore suggests, lifting her head to look at me. my eyebrows furrow and i curl her ever-growing bangs behind her ear, stroking her cheek gently. 

"why?" 

"I just wanna go away for a few days and like go off the grid. it seems like such a relaxing idea." 

"you're stressed?" I ask, my worry seeping into the words. 

"not necessarily, but I just wanna go away, y'know? hide from the world for a minute." 

"I guess i can figure something out if you really want to. my father bought this remote beach area and built a cute little beach house on the sand. its not really amazing but I know for a fact the beds comfortable and it has a working mini fridge. plus the view is amazing, and its basically summer all year round." 

"I don't think I would ever expect you to suggest such a thing, are you feeling okay?" adore giggles, pressing a warm hand onto my forehead. I chuckle along and move her hand back to her side gently. 

"I'm fine. I actually really love the place, its quite private. though it gets irritating having to use a BBQ every time you wanna eat something hot." 

"sounds amazing to he honest." adore hums, laying her head back down. 

"I can sort it out. wont be for about a week though, I still have a few really important meetings." 

"that's fine, gives me time to go shopping for a new swim suit, or three. maybe five." she chuckles, curling into my side further. 

"can at least one of them be mesh material?" I murmur, weaving my hand around adore's waist tightly.

"momma!" adore laughs, swatting my stomach weakly. 

"okay, I'm fine with one being see-through as well."

"that would give me such a weird tan." adore scoffs, looking up at me with a raised eyebrow. "do you want my tan to be patchy? i'll look like a half peeled tangerine." she states seriously, making me burst into a fit of laughter.

"okay well my final offer is you go no bikini, then you won't even have to worry about normal tan-lines. no half peeled tangerine look for you." i grin, my laughter subsiding. 

"are you being serious right now?" 

"one hundred percent."  

"you're actually crazy, aren't you?" she sighs, looking up at me with a fond smile. 

"only for you." 

"eughh cringe fest!" adore giggles, squeaking when i start to tickle her sides. "okay! okay, momma- momma stop!" she squeals, laughing loudly. i give in and stop, pressing a gentle kiss onto her forehead before getting comfortable again. we settle down and finally relax enough, but something had been eating away at my brain, and I could barely take my mind off of it. I had to ask now, because there was no way I could wait until tomorrow evening. 

"i know its not the time for this kinda conversation, but" i sigh, staring up at the ceiling for a second. the short lived silence was distressing adore, so she sat up to look at me, eyeing me worriedly. 

"what?"

"you were talking to brooke about me earlier, about how you don't really know me."

"wait, how'd you know that?" 

"brooke messaged me, told me that among some other things about her day. what did you mean when you said that?" i ask, sitting up with adore. she knits her brows together and looks down. 

"i don't know, you just don't talk to me. we talked about this earlier, though?" 

"no, we talked about me not dealing with emotions in a healthy way, which is something i need to sort out i know. but we never talked about you not "knowing me"?" 

"you just never talk about your life. i don't really know much about your past, and you don't talk about whats on your mind, like at all. if you were to ever go missing i wouldn't even know the first place to look for you!" 

"seriously?" 

"yeah. the only places i'd think of are your work or mine. or here."

"okay so i don't have that many hiding places, is that it?" 

"no, i just don't know you. like, what was your favourite childhood tv show, and what hobbies did you have? were you a good kid or a bad one? did you do well at maths, or was your special subject english? its stupid shit like that, Bea. i wanna know all the corny and embarrassing stories, and i wanna see the humiliating bathtub pics that all parents take because to them it isn't actually kinda creepy for some reason." 

"that stuff doesn't matter though." bianca sighs, blinking back her childhood flashbacks. 

"your roots don't matter? mami, your childhood shaped you into the person you are right now, so of course that stuff matters to me. i just wanna know you better." 

"stop. i shouldn't have brought it up, sorry. I'm tired, we should go to bed." i dismiss, laying back down and offering her arms for adore. 

"you're doing it. again." she shakes her head and stands up, walking out the room. so thats what brooke meant when she said adore mentioned her shutting down when things got emotional. 

"adore-" i call, rubbing my eyes and standing up, walking after her. in retrospect it probably would've been better to talk about it tomorrow. 

--------------------------------------

word count - 1081

WELL HELLO MOTHAFUCKAS 

s o 

this ones kinda short, i know. but i didn't add loads of angst in the first book so now that they're engaged I'm going to milk the "squabbling newly-engaged" thing until its dry, ygm? the next chapter should hopefully be longer, so see y'all next week. 

k bye assholes xOx