XXXIV• Midnight

Cecilia's lip was trapped by her teeth as she concentrated on filling her star-chart correctly. She looked through her telescope one last time, the Astronomy tower giving her an excellent view of the sky.

"You have 5 minutes left," the examiner announced to the room, his voice sounding abnormally loud in the silent room.

Cecilia's heart rate picked up, even though she had already finished her exam over 15 minutes ago.

Checking the sky once again, Cecilia was pretty confident her star-chart was correct, and didn't feel the need to change anything.

She glanced over at Regulus, who was doing the same as her, checking his star-chart for any mistakes. He must have noticed her looking at him, as a small smile appeared on his face, his eyes not leaving his exam.

The last five minutes of the exam were over in a blink of an eye, and Cecilia left the tower immediately, a huge weight lifted off her shoulders.

It was over...

"The N.E.W.Ts are over!" She exclaimed to Regulus as they stood in the entrance hall. "We did it!"

Regulus chuckled at his girlfriend's excited exterior. Her eyes were bright and her cheekbones high, the candles around the room lighting up her face.

"Let's go outside!" Cecilia suggested.

Regulus raised an eyebrow. "It's midnight?"

Cecilia giggled. "I know! Let's do something rebellious!"

Regulus chuckled as Cecilia dragged him out of the castle, the cool air hitting them immediately. Cecilia ran off ahead, her arms raised towards the stars, her body radiating happiness.

She called for Regulus to hurry up, and he did. He raced up to her, but she dodged his attempt to hold her.

They ended up playing some sort of chasing game, where Regulus tried his best to catch Cecilia, who's high-energy levels seemed to have given her an extra speed boost.

He finally managed to catch her, a burst of laughter emitting from Cecilia's lips. Once their game was over, Cecilia pulled Regulus to a patch of grass underneath a tree, looking out onto the Black Lake.

Cecilia stared out at the lake, the half-moon hitting it perfectly. She looked over at Regulus, who was also admiring the lake. The way the moonlight hit his face made Cecilia's heart swell. She couldn't stop herself from grabbing his sharp jaw and kissing him.

A chuckle came from the back of Regulus' throat as he kissed her back gently. He reached his hand to rest on Cecilia's knee.

Cecilia ran her hands through his hair, smirking when she heard Regulus grunt quietly. She kissed him harder, her body moving to straddle him.

Regulus' hands moved to her thighs as he pulled away from Cecilia. Cecilia was now covering the moonlight, so she could barely see Regulus' smile in the darkness.

"You're already pregnant, remember?" Regulus chuckled, his fingers tracing circles on her bare thighs, as Cecilia's school skirt had ridden up.

Cecilia giggled once again, pressing her lips to his once again, but playfully this time.

She hadn't felt this happy in months.

A/N
Bit of a filler chapter, sorry.