XVII• Together

Cecilia was surprised at how smoothly the next few months at Hogwarts went. Usually her life was full of drama, with both girls and boys but the start of her seventh year was pretty peaceful. Her and Regulus met in secret fairly often. Cecilia wasn't sure when they would go public or if they even would but she was happy enough with their secret. It was like something from a romance novel. 

November rolled around quicker than expected, and the quidditch season at Hogwarts began. Anticipation and rivalry filled the halls, especially between the Gryffindors and Slytherins, who would be playing against each other in the first match of the year.

The first Saturday of November was a clear day. The sun gently shone down on the quidditch pitch, reflecting on the red and green quidditch uniforms.

Cecilia's eyes drifted towards Regulus, looking extremely handsome in his quidditch gear. A gentle breeze brushed through his hair as he pushed off the ground and into the air.

The two quidditch teams got into position, patiently waiting for the quaffle to be released. Silence settled on the whole stadium before being interrupted by a sharp whistle. The game had begun.

Cecilia had never been into quidditch. She didn't understand the point or why people got so into it. She couldn't remember the last quidditch match she went to willingly.

'GRIFFINDOR ARE IN THE LEAD 40-10!' the match commentator screamed into the microphone. Cecilia clapped politely along with her house.

'The Gryffindor team got a lot of remodeling this year but it seems to have paid off as Gryffindor scores again!'

It was only then Cecilia noticed that the famous Sirius Black had graduated Hogwarts. She didn't understand how she didn't notice the absence of Sirius' loud self. Maybe it was because she was so focused on his brother.

Before Cecilia's mind could drift to one of her secret moments with Regulus, a roar of approval rippled through her side of the stadium. Gryffindor had scored another point. They were destroying Slytherin.

Regulus was hovering above the other players, his head turning left and right in search of the snitch. The Gryffindor seeker was circling the pitch, purposely bumping into Regulus every time he passed him. Regulus ignored him.

Regulus dived so suddenly, it took Cecilia a moment to register his movements. The Gryffindor seeker followed after a split-second of hesitation. Thanks to that small delay, Regulus raced ahead.

The entire arena screamed in encouragement for their chosen seekers. Cecilia also screamed, unsure who she was rooting for.

It was obvious the Regulus would get to the snitch first but Gryffindor continued to cheer on, not wanting to loose against their enemy house.

Everybody fell silent as Regulus pulled up just before he reached the ground, his hand in a fist. He punched the air, the fluttering wings of the golden snitch visible between his fingers.

The Slytherins burst into cries of victory, their yells echoing throughout the stadium. The Slytherin team flew to the ground and met in the center of the pitch, hugging and cheering.

Cecilia followed her fellow Gryffindors onto the pitch to congratulate their own team. Although she was standing with the Gryffindor team, she couldn't take her eyes off the Slytherin team.

Regulus had been pulled onto the shoulders of his teammates. The team jumped around in celebration as Regulus held his fist in the air, holding the snitch for all to see. His cheeks were red from the wind and his hair was tossled. He was smiling brightly, his grin taking up half his face.

His eyes met Cecilia's and his smile grew larger, if that was even possible. He was dropped by his team on his command, the golden snitch leaving his fingers and flying off.

He sprinted towards her. The gap between them getting smaller with every millisecond. Regulus finally reached her, almost crashing into her. Cecilia was certain she would've toppled over if Regulus hadn't gripped onto her waist. He pulled her towards him, minimizing the space between them.

Cecilia only caught a glimpse of Regulus' smiling face before he pressed his lips against hers.

The world completely disappeared from around Cecilia. She was transported back to the library at her house. All her problems dissolved, all she cared about was Regulus.

Cecilia threw her arms around Regulus' neck so fiercely they stumbled. Regulus kissed her harder than even before. He didn't seem to care that the entire school was watching them.

They broke apart, beaming. Cecilia didn't even notice everyone staring at them. All she could notice was Regulus looking down at her in admiration.

It was only when she heard Kristen's voice that she broke out of her gaze.

'They're official!' Kristen yelled.

'About time!' Dirk joined in.

Cecilia giggled as Regulus wrapped his arm around her shoulder.