XIX• In-Laws

Cecilia and Regulus were sat on the floor of the Astronomy Tower, their feet hanging off the edge. They came here often for privacy, for time to themselves. Here, in one of the tallest towers in Hogwarts, they were hidden from the prying eyes of their classmates, watching the couple for any moves or mistakes.

Cecilia rested her head against Regulus's shoulder, closing her eyes momentarily. She felt warm when she was with Regulus, not even the December breeze chilled her.

They had been dating for 5 months.

5 beautiful and blissful months.

Cecilia had been in many relationships before Regulus but none had lasted as long as this one, none had felt like this one did.

Cecilia would admit; she had been feeling  things she'd never felt before. Foreign feelings that blossomed within her chest whenever Regulus looked at her, or spoke to her. Whenever Regulus did anything really.

Regulus took Cecilia's hand in his and brought them to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently.

Cecilia watched him as he did, smiling softly with those weird feelings in her stomach.

"I would like you to meet my parents during the holidays," Regulus spoke into the silence.

Cecilia lifted her head from his shoulder, staring at Regulus with wide eyes. "Do you really think that's a good idea?" she asked.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

Cecilia sighed and took her hand from Regulus's grasp while she pushed herself away from the edge of the tower. She sat with her legs crossed and her hands fiddling with her sleeve.

"Because I'm... me," she began breathlessly. "I'm a Gryffindor."

Regulus moved to sit in front of her, his legs also crossed. "They won't care. They better not care. They're going away for the holidays, but I've convinced them to delay for a few hours. So they can meet you."

"They know about me? Already?"

Redness sprung to Regulus's cheeks as he nodded. "I've written to them about you. They weren't too pleased at first, but they've come around by now, I'd say."

Cecilia pondered for a moment. Her mind thought up every way in which the meeting could go; they all ended badly.

"Hey," Regulus whispered when he noticed the worried look on Cecilia's face. He cradled her hands in his. "It'll be alright. They'll love you. Like-"

Regulus cut himself off and leaned over to kiss Cecilia's cheek. "So... what do you say?

Cecilia hesitated before nodding slowly, smiling. "Ok."

A/N

This story is going downhill im sorry ill do better