XXVIII• Stress

Cecilia sat alone in the Great Hall for breakfast one morning in late March. She slowly filled her plate with food; her appetite still not there. The only reason she went down for breakfast was for Kristen's sake. Cecilia's best friend had been showing signs of worry for days now. Cecilia promised Kristen to have breakfast today, even though she wasn't in the mood at all.

Cecilia picked up a slice of buttered toast and brought it to her lips. Before she could take a bite, she noticed Dirk coming towards her. Sighing, Cecilia through the toast back into her plate and prepared herself for whatever it was Dirk wanted to say.

Dirk sat himself down opposite Cecilia. As he was a Slytherin at the Gryffindor table, he got some looks. But he didn't seem to care as his eyes stayed fixed in Cecilia.

"You need to fix things with Regulus," was Dirk's first words. "He's taking this situation badly."

Cecilia hung her head in shame. "I know."

"Then do something! Now!" Dirk scolded her. "Reg isn't passionate about Quidditch anymore. He doesn't play with Ginger Root anymore. He loves Ginger Root!"

Cecilia picked up her toast again but Dirk snatched it out of her hand. "He's heartbroken Cecilia!"

"So am I!" Cecilia hissed. "Just give me time to figure out what I want to say to him".

"You better think of something to say soon," Dirk said. "You're messing with Reg's head too much!"

"Ok. Ok," Cecilia groaned, grabbing her toast back from Dirk and taking a bite. "I'll talk to him soon-"

Cecilia's sentence was cut short as she felt the piece of toast she had just swallowed come back up her throat. Cecilia threw her hand over her mouth. "What is up with the house elves lately?" She wondered through her fingers.

Cecilia jumped from her seat and dashed out of the hall, leaving Dirk alone at the Gryffindor table. She made her way to the nearest bathroom and emptied her stomach of its contents, which wasn't much due to her lack of appetite.

Cecilia sat on the floor beside the toilet, leaning her head against the wall of the cubicle.

"I'm too stressed," Cecilia whispered to herself. "With Reg and these stupid N.E.W.Ts."

Cecilia soon felt herself crying, and she couldn't stop.