XI• Catfight

A week had past.

A week since Cecilia's date with Regulus and a week since they have actually spoken. This caused a week of irritation for Cecilia and a week of annoyance for Kristen. The fact that they had double potions on a Monday did not help the atmosphere hanging around the best friends.

'Why is he ignoring me?!' Cecilia hissed over her shoulder to Kristen, who was working at the table behind her.

Kristen glanced towards Regulus, who was working quickly at the front of the room. 'I have no idea,' she sighed for what felt like the hundredth time. 'Did anything... bad happen on your date?'

'No!' Cecilia exclaimed almost too loudly while she added a handful of death-cap mushrooms to her potion, groaning when it turned a sickly green color. 'It went great, I thought. He seemed to have a great time! I don't get it.'

'I hate to break it to you but maybe he just doesn't feel the same way as you do.' Kristen said. She leaned on her table, having completed her potion to perfection.

Cecilia didn't reply right away. The situation at hand and her potion not working almost drove her to tears. 'I just wish he would say something to me.'

'Then go talk to him after class,' Kristen ordered. 'Walk right up to him and demand to know why he's been ignoring you.'

Cecilia looked at her friend for a long moment before nodding curtly. 'You're right!' She exclaimed, stirring her potion while maintaining eye contact with Kristen. 'I'll go up to him straight after class and-'

BANG!

The sound of Cecilia's potion exploding mixed with the bell ringing, completing overpowering it and drowning it out.

The sickly green potion covered every square-inch of Cecilia's desk. Heavy blobs landed on her hands and she could feel them burning her skin. Cecilia also felt pain on her nose and forehead, telling her that the failed Death-Cap Draught had splashed onto her face.

Professor Slughorn was standing next to her in a shot. 'Make your way to the hospital wing. Miss Lee, please accompany her,' he said before inspecting the potion spill. 'When you're finished, come back her and clean this mess you. I'll contact your next teacher. Who do you have?'

'Professor McGonagall.'

Slughorn nodded. 'Very well. Off you go.'

Cecilia and Kristen left the classroom. Cecilia wanted to glance at Regulus as she passed him but she was too embarrassed. Of course she had blown up a potion before but this time, she felt absolutely humiliated.

❖ ❖ ❖

Cecilia was out of the hospital wing in a matter of minutes after Madam Pomfery removed all her burns. She was back outside Slughorn's class in less than 10 minutes. Knocking hesitantly beforehand, she entered the room.

There was a class on, much to Cecilia's dismay. When Slughorn noticed her entry, he walked over to her.

'You May use your wand,' he said. 'If you are unable to, there are some muggle cleaning appliances in the cupboard at the back of the room.'

Cecilia guess that McGonagall must have warned him about her obnoxiously terrible transfiguration skills. Taking this into consideration, Cecilia went straight to the cupboard at the back of the room; she prepared herself to get her hands dirty. She groaned when she realized who was working at the table in front of the cupboard.

Kimberly Stuart.

The bitch who basically called her a slut when she found out Cecilia was going on a date with Regulus.

'Oh Cecilia!' The annoying girl said. 'Using muggle stuff now? Didn't think you were a filthy bloody traitor and a slut! But I'm not really surprised.'

Cecilia crouched down and opened the door of the cupboard with surprising force, trying to relieve herself of her anger in that one single motion.

Didn't work.

Cecilia rolled her eyes and stayed silent as she rummaged through the cupboard, trying to make sense of all the different titles on the various different bottles in the drawer.

'Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find a brain back their.' Kimberly sneered. 'You might need one to avoid blowing up another potion.'

Cecilia bit her bottom lip harshly but stayed quiet.

'Got nothing to say?' Kimberly smirked, quickly glancing to see where Slughorn was. 'Cat got your tongue? That shouldn't be a problem for you. I'm sure you've have much worst in-'

Out of complete anger, Cecilia dropped whatever cleaning agent she was holding onto. She then kicked Kimberly's leg, causing the girl to fall to the floor instantly.

Kimberley was back on her immediately, reaching her hand and grabbing a fistful of Cecilia's hair. She tugged brutally, causing a grunt of pain to leave Cecilia's lips. Cecilia's feet cam into contact with Kimberley's stomach forcefully. The girl flew backward into her table.

This continued; the two girls grabbing and scratching each other at any chance they got. Finally, the surrounding students got involved and separated them.

Cecilia was being held back by a Hufflepuff student, his arms were wrapped around her waist tightly in attempt to stop her lunging onto her enemy again. Blood dripped from her forehead, rolling down her cheek like a teardrop. Her lip was busted and her hair was messy.

Kimberley was being held by a student from her own house. She was panting heavily and Cecilia was satisfied to see thick, red blood flowing from her nose.

'DETENTION! Detention for both of you!' Slughorn screamed.  'Miss Stuart, get back to work and Miss Gryffindor, get out of my sight!'

Cecilia shoved off her captor and left the room, making sure to slam the door on the way out.