XXV• Broken

Valentines Day was upon them before Cecilia knew it. It was on a Saturday this year, so Cecilia spent most of her time in her dorm.

'You have to come out at some stage,' Kristen said as she entered the room, a box of chocolates tucked under her arm. 'You can't spend 24 hours in one room.''

I'll come out for the party tonight,' Cecilia reasoned. 'But nothing else.'

Kristen sighed. 'This isn't because of Regulus, is it?' When Cecilia didn't reply, Kristen continued. 'If you still like him that much, get back together with him.'

Cecilia shook her head violently. 'No way,' she said. 'Have you not seen how much better off he is? The bruises on his face have already started to fade.'

Kristen smiled sadly. 'Ok fine. I'm going out with Peter. I'll be back in time to get ready for the party, ok?'

Cecilia nodded, a lonely feeling sleeping into her bones as Kristen left the dorm.

❖ ❖ ❖

A few hours later, Cecilia and Kristen were dressed to the nines and ready for a party. Cecilia had pulled on a black halter neck dress that hugged each of her curves wonderfully. It dipped down to the centre of her back, showing off her tanned skin.

'Let's go have the most amazing night,' Kristen said. She was dressed in a tight plum-colored dress with a low neckline. 'With or without boys.'

Cecilia nodded as Kristen pushed open the doors to the Room of Requirement. The party was already in full swing. Cecilia's heartbeat immediately synced with the beat of the loud music and the bright disco lights dazzled her eyes. They made there way to the drinks table, pouring each other a drink and talking a sip each.

'Let's dance,' Kristen shouted over the music. Cecilia nodded enthusiastically and allowed herself to be led onto the dance floor by her best friend.

Cecilia loved dancing with Kristen. Her bubbly personality shone through her dancing and inflicted itself on Cecilia. Cecilia allowed herself to let loose, to let all her worries be washed away by the music. Her smile widened and laughter left her lips as her dark hair whipped around her face as she danced.

A while later, the two friends stumbled off the dance floor, wobbly in their heels as happiness and alcohol ran through their veins. It wasn't long before a tall boy came up to the two.

'You don't mind, do you Lia?' Kristen asked as Peter Anderson held onto her waist.

Cecilia shook her head. 'Off you go. I'm going to get another drink.'

Kristen smiled gratefully as disappeared into the crowd with Peter. Staying true to her word, Cecilia got another drink for the drink table before standing at the wall to have a look around and see who else was at this party.

Cecilia instantly spotted Kristen, her blonde hair flowing over her shoulders as Peter whispered something in her ear. Cecilia was so focused on the happiness of her best friend that she didn't notice someone coming towards her.

'Cecilia,' Regulus spoke softly.

'Go away Regulus,' Cecilia groaned.

'No. Not until you talk to me,' Regulus said with wide eyes.

'The thing is,' Cecilia began in a cold tone. 'we can't talk.'

As Cecilia tried to walk away, Regulus grabbed onto her wrists and pushed her back against the wall.

'You can't give up on this,' Regulus whispered but Cecilia heard each word. 'On us.'

'It's better this way Reg,' Cecilia said, not even believing her own words. 'We should've never been together away. You're a Slytherin and you should be with a Slytherin, like Kimberly Stuart. Not a Gryffindor like me.'

Regulus pushed her harder against the wall, his fingers digging into her wrist. 'I don't want to be with some other Slytherin. I want to be with you, Cecilia. Only you!'

'You're hurting me,' Cecilia whimpered.

Regulus looked down at his hands, wrapped tightly around Cecilia's thin wrists. He ripped them away, looking at them guiltily.

'Please Lia-'

Cecilia could feel the tears forming in her eyes. She forcefully pushed herself passed Regulus, disappearing among the crowd of people.

Regulus followed after but, getting stuck behind a group of friends and allowing Cecilia to make a quick getaway.

Cecilia was desperate. Desperate to get away form Regulus or to make him stay away from her. In her panic, Cecilia didn't even think about the consequences her actions would have. She didn't even think when she grabbed the first single guy she saw and pulled him close.

Cecilia hated the way this strangers lips felt against hers. They weren't warm like Regulus', they didn't taste like Regulus'. But she didn't stop herself, forcing her hands to his hair and tugging at the roots.

She pulled away after a few moments. Her hand turned to face Regulus. His mouth had fallen open and his eyes displayed nothing but sadness.

He was heartbroken. And Cecilia was the reason for that.

A/N
I don't like how this story is turning out lol sorry