X•Date

As Cecilia walked out of the Gryffindor common room, her mind was racing and her heart was beating unnaturally fast. All of a sudden, she felt very unprepared for her date with Regulus. Had she dressed to casual? Should she redo her makeup? Maybe she should brush her teeth one more time-

Her thoughts were halted when she turned the final corner of her trek. She stood at the top of Hogwart's grand staircase. She tried her best to fix up her hair before she descended the staircase. She saw Regulus beside the door of the great hall. He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a long sleved navy shirt, a unheard outfit for a summers afternoon. His black, curly hair was in its usual state; neat yet messy at the same time. His eyes focused on his friend Dirk, who was speaking.

She was half way down when someone stood in front of her.

'Hello Gryffin,' Sirius Black greeted. 'How would you like to join me to Hogsmede?'

'Not interested Black,' Cecilia replied, trying to get past him. She found this quite difficult as the three of Sirius' friends were surrounding her. 'If you would excuse me, I have somewhere to be.'

'So it's true then?' The smirk that was on his face had completely disappeared, replaced with a annoyed scowl.

Cecilia wasn't sure what Sirius meant by that statement but she didn't dwell on it for very long. She quickly left the group on the stairs, approaching the two boys beside the Great hall. Dirk was the first to noticed her approaching. 'Well look who it is.' He smirked.

'Shut it Cresswell,' Cecilia muttered darkly before softening her voice. 'Sorry I'm late.'

'Aren't you lucky that dear Reg here was willing to wait for you?' Dirk added before Regulus could get his words out. 'The day's half over-'

'Hogsmede isn't going anywhere,' Regulus commented, shoving his friend. 'We'll have plenty of time.'

'Time for what?' Dirk grinned.

Regulus ignored his friend with a small chuckled and walked closer to Cecilia. 'Shall we go?'

Cecilia smiled and nodded in approval. Her and Regulus headed towards the exit of the building; Cecilia noticed that Regulus was constantly looking back at his friend, only adding to Cecilia's nerves.

'He's been bugging me all morning,' Regulus explained. 'He had me up at 7 this morning.'

'Same with Kristen,' Cecilia found the conversation much easier when they were talking about friends. 'She basically dragged me out of bed.'

A silence fell between them after that. Cecilia racked her brain for a conversation started. Why did speaking seem so difficult all of a sudden?

'I was thinking we could go to Madam Puddifoots first,' Regulus said. 'Then maybe a walk around Hogsmede. Or the black lake.'

'That sounds lovely.' Cecilia smiled. She found it very sweet that Regulus had planned out their day together.

A small smile made its way onto Regulus' face as they made their way towards the little tea shop.

The shop was bustling when Cecilia and Regulus entered. They claimed a little booth in the corner of the room.

'How do you take your tea?' Regulus asked once they had settled and two teacups were sitting in front of them.

'Just a dash of milk,' Cecilia informed. She felt satisfied when he added the right amount to the cup. 'I'm not that fussy. I don't drink tea much.'

'Then this wasn't the best place to bring you, was it?'

'Oh no, I'm glad you brought me here. I just always associate tea with my dad's annoying tea parties.' Cecilia rambled. 'Maybe now I'll associate it with something I actually enjoy.'

'And why don't you like the parties?' Regulus asked, seemingly not understanding the compliment Cecilia had given him.

'My dad and all his rich, ministry-working friends go into the billiard room to play poker,' Cecilia began. 'While I'm stuck with all the annoying wives and children, drinking tea and talking about complete and utter bullshit.'

Regulus laughed softly. It was the first time Cecilia had heard him laugh and she wished he would've done it for longer. 'I didn't think they'd be that bad,' Regulus shook his head. 'Why don't you tell your dad how much of a horrible time you're having?'

Cecilia thought for a moment. 'He wouldn't listen,' she finally sighed. 'I don't have the best relationship with my dad. He annoys me, I annoy him but we're all we both have so we live with it.'

'What about your mother?'

Cecilia hesitated. Should she lie or tell the truth? 'A relationship can't be built on lies' she thought to herself. 'My mum died when I was a born,' She said briefly. 'I've never met her.'

Regulus stopped short. 'I'm sorry.'

'Don't worry about it.' Cecilia laughed to ease any tension. 'Now enough about me. Tell me about your family.' Cecilia took a sip of her tea.

Regulus shrugged his shoulders. 'There's not much to say really. It's just me, my parents... and you know my brother I expect.'

'You two are very different.' Cecilia blurted.

Regulus nodded quite sadly. 'We were close when we were younger but not anymore.'

'How come?'

'He doesn't get on with Mum and Dad. They believed in the whole superior pure blood Slytherin family thing. Sirius didn't and was sorted into Gryffindor, which didn't go down very well.'

'What would they think of me?' Cecilia hoped her question wouldn't scare him away. 'Since I'm not a Slytherin?'

Regulus looked Cceilia dead in the eye for a few moments before biting his bottom lip and looking down at his cup, which didn't have any steam emitting from it anymore. 'I'm not sure,' he wondered aloud. 'They mightn't like the fact you're not in Slytherin but they'll get over it. They going to be able to stop me from seeing you.'

Cecilia raised her teacup to her lips to hide the giant smile that was on her face. Upon taking a sip. she noticed that the tea had gone cold with all the talking they had done.