XVIII• Whispers

Whispers.

Although they were meant to be quiet, Cecilia heard the whispers. They followed her around the corridors and buzzed around her during classes. Of course, Cecilia has experienced whispers like these. She's had many annoying rumors spread about her during her years at Hogwarts. But these whispers were different.

She loved them.

The news of Regulus and Cecilia's kiss on the quidditch pitch spread through Hogwarts like a wildfire. It burned through each house. The words "A Slytherin and a Gryffindor?" leaving the mouths of the students like wisps of smoke.

Cecilia made her way to the Great Hall, a little smirk on her lips as she heard her and Regulus's name being thrown around the corridors. Occasionally, she would catch someone glance at her. She always smiled brightly at them.

She walked into the Great Hall, her high heel boats clicking and her shirt swishing around her thighs. People turned once they heard her approaching, but this time Cecilia didn't pay attention. Her eyes adverted to the Slytherin table and found Regulus instantly. He met her gaze, sending her a wink and taking a sip from his coffee cup.

Cecilia smiled and strolled over to the Gryffindor table. She sat herself down next to Kristen, who had two cups of coffee in front of her.

"Here's yours. Black with two sugars," Kristen pushed a cup towards Cecilia. "Thought you might need it, since you were up so late last night."

Cecilia hid her face behind her cup, her eyes darting across the room again.

Kristen smiled at her friend. "You love this attention."

Cecilia shrugged. "So, how's things with you and Peter?"

Kristen's smile widened at the mention of the Ravenclaw. "We spoke yesterday. He asked me to go with him to Hogsmede after Christmas."

Cecilia could tell that Kristen was trying to conceal her excitement. "That's so great!" She exclaimed. "I'm so happy for you!"

Kristen bounced in her seat. "I am too. It's finally happening!"

Cecilia looked at her friend lovingly. She was so glad that Kristen had found someone that made her as happy as Peter Anderson did.

Kristen took a sip of her milky coffee. "Are you and Regulus going to Hogsmede together? It'll be like your first outing as a real couple!"

Cecilia rolled her eyes. "We haven't spoken about it. It's not for another few weeks."

"Well you better get a move on or someone else will ask him!" Kristen exclaimed. Upon seeing Cecilia's worried expression, she continued. "I'm kidding. No one in their right mind would go after Cecilia Gryffindor's man."

Cecilia laughed and Kristen joined in. Cecilia couldn't remember a time where she had been so happy.

A/N
This is so overdue but thanks so much for 6K reads! Thank you for the support and motivation!
(Keep commenting. I love reading all the feedback!)