XXX• Dirk

Cecilia had never felt more alone.  It was her own fault, of course, because she was purposely ignoring the people that cared about her the most.

May rolled around way faster than Cecilia wanted. Time seemed to moved faster after she discovered that she was pregnant. Cecilia wanted to slow time down, to stop the little life inside of her from growing so quickly. But that was impossible and Cecilia was terrified.

Kristen had been trying to get Cecilia to tells Regulus the news. Cecilia saw Kristen's encouragement as a problem, so she did what she always did. She ignored her problems. To the point where Kristen wouldn't see her friend until they had to go to sleep at night, and Cecilia always seemed to be asleep before her.

One day, Cecilia forgot her Transfiguration textbook and went back to her dorm to fetch it. Kristen just so happened to be in the dorms at that time, and when Cecilia noticed the blonde sitting on her bed, she went to leave the room immediately.

"Cecilia wait," Kristen called out, catching Cecilia's arm just before she could get away. "Can we talk?"

Cecilia didn't answer, becoming very fascinated with her nails, which we painted a pale pink color.

Kristen sighed. "Ok I'm sorry. I won't pressure you to tell Regulus. We'll stop talking about it."

"Ok then what do you want to talk about?" Cecilia asked.

Kristen pulled Cecilia back into their dorm, forcing her sit down beside Kristen. "My birthday's this weekend."

"I know," Cecilia said simply. Even though she had been ignoring her, Cecilia would never forget her best friends birthday. "What are you doing for it?"

"Dirk is helping me plan my party," Kristen said. "It's on this Saturday."

"Why didn't you ask me to help?" Cecilia asked, slightly offended.

"You were ignoring me, remember?" Kristen replied. Her voice sounded annoyed but the smile on her face said differently. "We're gonna go together and have a great time, ok? We're gonna forget about everything for one night!"

Cecilia smiled. "Ok. I can't wait."

❖ ❖ ❖

On Saturday evening, Cecilia and Kristen were getting themselves ready for Kristen's birthday party. The newly-eighteen year old was ecstatic, having been waiting for this day for weeks now. Kristen dressed in a gold sequin mini dress, that clung to each curve and sparkled whenever a light hit it. Her makeup was bright and bold, and a little tiara sat on the top of her head. For the special occasion.

Cecilia pulled on a satin mini dress with a cowl neck. She had replaced her pink nail polish with red to match her dress. The reason Cecilia picked this outfit was for its baggy fabric.

"It's only been a month and a half Lia," Kristen reminded her when Cecilia stood in front of the mirror for much longer than usual.

Cecilia sighed and passed her hand over her stomach. "I know. I'm just paranoid."

They left their dorm soon after that. They made their way towards the Room of Requirement, which is where the party would be taking place. It was in full swing when they arrived. Dancing bodies filled Cecilia's vision, smells of hairspray and alcohol filled her nostrils. She hadn't been to a party in forever, but they didn't seem very fun at the moment.

"I'm going to find Dirk," Kristen said into Cecilia's ear. "I presume you don't want to come, since Regulus will probably be with him."

Cecilia sent her friend a thankful look before she disappeared. Cecilia couldn't see anyone she knew after Kristen left, so she decided to mae her way over to the drinks table.

A large crowd of people surrounded the drinks table when Cecilia arrived. She managed to push her way to the front; only then did she realize she couldn't drink alcohol. She left the table empty-handed, feeling quiet out-of-place.

"I don't need to drink to have fun," Cecilia said to herself, full of determination. "I'm not one of those people."

Within the next hour, almost everyone was intoxicated. Kristen was nowhere to be found and Cecilia felt both exhausted and insolated in the room full of people. The bright, flashing lights made her feel dizzy and her heels made her feet cry in pain. Cecilia eventually found a semi-quiet corner and sat down, not feeling very well at all.

Cecilia put her hands to her forehead, shielding her eyes from the lights. She saw someone's feet plant themselves in front of her. Lifting up her head, she saw Dirk, looking both confused and concerned.

"Cecilia?" he said. "Everything ok?"

Cecilia opened her mouth to tell him she was found, but her throat seemed clogged. Nothing came out of her mouth, but a tear slid from her eye. She hid her face in her hands, ashamed by her reaction.

She felt Dirk sit down beside her. "Cecilia what's wrong?"

When he wrapped a comforting around her shoulder, Cecilia lost it. A sob escaped her lips and her body racked with tears.

"Hey, let's go outside. Get some air," Dirk suggested. Cecilia could only manage a nod and allowed Dirk to lead her away from the crowded room.

They didn't speak until they got outside. The cold air felt nice as it brushed Cecilia's hair from her shoulders. She couldn't stop herself from closing her eyes and feeling her body relax. 

"Lia?" Dirk asked. "You're still crying. Talk to me."

Cecilia opened her eyes, aware of the tears still falling from her eyes. "Can we sit down? I feel really weak." He voice was barley audible.

Dirk nodded and they sat on the steps that lead to the castle entrance. They didn't talk for a few moments. Cecilia could feel Dirk's on her.

"I don't know what to do," Cecilia whispered. She couldn't get much words past the lump in her throat. "Something happened. And I don't know what to do."

Dirk pulled Cecilia into a hug when he noticed her beginning to cry again. Cecilia cried into his shoulder, feeling comfortable in his arms. He rubbed her back, whispering encouragements in her ear.

"I'm pregnant Dirk," Cecilia eventually blurted out. She felt Dirk stiffen up, but she continued. "I didn't mean for it to happen and now I don't know what to do!"

Dirk pulled away, still holding onto Cecilia's shoulders. "Does Reg know?" he said shortly.

Cecilia's bottom lip shook as a new wave of emotion took over. She couldn't speak, so shook her head vigorously instead. Dirk said nothing, only hugging her again.

A/N
What do you wanna see happen next? Let me know!