XXI• Hogsmede

Cecilia was back in Hogwarts after spending a lovely Christmas with Regulus. He had joined Cecilia and her father for Christmas dinner. Him and Godric had gotten on well, thankfully.

Cecilia and Regulus had forgotten all about what was said during Cecilia's time at the House of Black. Cecilia was glad, she felt too confused to have that conversation.

Cecilia was woken on the morning of Hogsmede by a busy Kristen hurrying around the dorm. Cecilia climbed out of bed and sent their dorm mates a sorry look. She walked into the bathroom where Kristen stressfully applying her makeup.

"My face doesn't want to co-operate," Kristen groaned. She desperately tried to fix a mistake that Cecilia couldn't spot. "I look horrible!"

"You shouldn't be worrying this much, Krissy," Cecilia sighed. She took out her wand and styled Kristen's hair into the curls she loved.

Kristen smiled gratefully before returning to her problem. "I have two hours to fix this."

"It's only 9:00am. We don't leave till after lunch," Cecilia reminded her.

Kristen nodded, picking up another makeup brush. "Yes. I know. But I need at least two hours to pick out something to wear."

Cecilia rolled her eyes before beginning to prepare herself for the day.

❖ ❖ ❖

Cecilia left Kristen in the entrance hall to wait for Peter. She couldn't remember a time where Kristen has been so nervous. She was distracted as she walked next to Regulus towards the village of Hogsmede.

"You ok?" Regulus asked. He held her hand loosely and swung it by his side.

Cecilia snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Regulus, smiling softly. "Yeah. I'm just worried about Kristen. She's really nervous."

"About her date?" Regulus asked. "With that Anderson bloke?"

Cecilia nodded. "She really likes him. It's natural for her to be nervous on their first date."

Regulus didn't reply right away, but when he did, he wore a humorous smirk on his face. "Were you nervous on our first date?"

Cecilia chuckled and pushed her dark hair behind her ear. "Yeah, I guess. Mostly because you're a Slytherin and I didn't know what people would think."

"Well, look at us now," Regulus held up their entwined hands. "Together. And I don't know about you but, I couldn't give a damn about what anyone thinks."

Cecilia laughed again and leaned over to place a kiss on Regulus' cheek. "Were you nervous?"

"Definitely," Regulus replied, as carefree as ever. "I had been... curious about you since the end of fifth year. But, of course, the whole Slytherin-Gryffindor predjuice thing stopped me from ever doing anything about it."

They arrived in Hogsmede village and made their way into the Three Broomsticks, which was bustling with people. Regulus made his way through the crowd, Cecilia close behind with her hand clutched in his.

They found themselves a table in the center of the room. Regulus disappeared for a moment and returned with two bottles of Butterbeer. They settled themselves down at their table. Regulus took a drink of butterbeer, which resulted in a thin line of foam appearing above his top lip.

"You've got-" Cecilia trailed off, pointing to her own top lip.

"What?" Regulus asked. But the smile on his face told Cecilia that he knew exactly what she was referring to.

Cecilia rolled her eyes and grabbed a napkin, wiping the foam from Regulus' face. She tried to stay serious but couldn't stop a smile spreading on her face.

They continued their little date, leaving the pub after their goblets were empty and strolling around the village. After buying a bag of sweets in Honeydukes, they decided to head back to the castle.

They walked close together, the butterbeer still warming their insides. Cecilia had her hand wrapped around Regulus' bicep as they walked, cheerful conversation spilling from their lips.

Their words slowly drifted off as three figures came towards them. Three boys, the same height as Regulus but much more intimidating, stopped in front of the couple. By the way they were looking at her, Cecilia knew they were Slytherins.

"Regulus," the biggest of the boys said. "We'd like to chat with you for a second."

"You can keep walking to the castle, Gryffindor," another one of them addressed Cecilia. "We may be a while."

Before either Regulus or Cecilia could object, Regulus was being lead away from Cecilia by his shoulder. The four Slytherins disappeared into the distance.

Cecilia continued on her way, her mind busy thinking about what the four boys were discussing.

She arrived back at the castle and went straight into the Great Hall. She found Kristen at the Gryffindor table, a huge smile on her face once she saw her best friend.

"Lia!" Kristen exclaimed. "I have so much to tell you!"

Kristen then dived into a very detailed story of her date with Peter Anderson. Cecilia stayed quiet the whole time, smiling and allowing her friend to have her little moment.

"You really like him, huh?" Cecilia asked once Kristen paused to take a breath.

Kristen blushed and nodded. "Yes. I really do." She took a sip from her coffee. "Where's Regulus?"

"Three Slytherins pulled him away to talk," Cecilia shrugged. "It seemed important, but I'm sure he'll be back soon."

Cecilia waited in the Great Hall for Regulus long after dinner ended that evening and ended up begin shooed out by Professor McGonagall. She then trudged back to the Gryffindor common room, her mind hazy.

Regulus didn't seem to have returned to the castle, and Cecilia couldn't sleep knowing that.