Bonus Chapter

Ciara Mendes

                          I must admit that even though I've already met Giovanni's parents I was quite nervous to see them again. This time instead of being introduce as the Journalist from Flare who was sent to interview their last son I would be introduce as the girlfriend of their second son.

"There's no need to feel nervous buttercup, my mother is elated to see you again. Turns out you won her heart that day when you first met her." He place a kiss on top of my head and I snuggle into his side.

We were currently on his private plane unfortunately his cousin Divya was replaced by another flight attendant. Giovanni mentioned that she was touring Europe with her boyfriend. He said the word like it was some sort of disease, even though Divya was nineteen it didn't sit well with him that she now had a boyfriend.

"What about your father?"

He was silent for a few seconds which made me look up at him. "My father isn't the easiest man to please but you don't have to worry about him, it doesn't matter if he likes you or not. I love you and that's all that matters."

I couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my face but since I was scared of saying it back I left it at that.

                  Two hours later we were standing at the front door of the Haynes Mansion, before Giovanni had the chance to ring the doorbell the door was yanked open and I was pull into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again sweetheart, especially now since you're my daughter in law," Mrs Haynes pulled away cupping my cheeks. "Still so beautiful."

"Thank you Mrs Haynes and it's lovely seeing you as well."

Giovanni clears his throat from behind us, "Did you forget about me?"

His mom look over my shoulder at him before taking my hand. "Shush Gio, I'm still mad at you. Come on inside sweetheart and it's Martha."

Martha pull me inside and I smile over my shoulder at Giovanni as he follow behind us.

"Look who's here!" Martha yell bringing my attention away from Giovanni.

We entered the living room where three adults were sitting. A woman who I'm assuming is Giovanni's sister in law Ashira stand walking towards us. She look like the older version of her daughter.

"Hello Ciara, I've been waiting so long to meet you." She surprise me by pulling me in a hug fortunately it was one much softer than the one I receive earlier.

Bentley then came forward with his hand held out. "Bentley Haynes nice to finally meet you."

"Always so formal." Giovanni says coming up behind me. "And that my sweet buttercup is my dear father, Hakeem Haynes."

Mr Haynes took a few steps forward, his eyes studying me. He shook my hand like his son did.  "For your sake, I hope this relationship last. Everything good gets destroyed in the hands of my son." He says before let going of my hand.

"Don't start now Hakeem." Martha says as I felt Giovanni get tense behind me.

"It's nothing but the truth Martha, first he ruined his relationship with Jasmine, then he refuse to take over the company now he finds a woman who see's past his flaws, and what did he do? Get another w—."