2

Ciara Mendes

     Unfortunately for me today was the day I am leaving for New York, in fact I had to broad the flight in one hour. LA traffic was a bitch and I had to leave soon if I wanted to make it in time to the airport, of course if it was up to me I wouldn't have to but a woman has to pay her bills and I prefer to put up with a rich brat for just a couple of hours instead of doing something that will land me in prison and give my mother another reason to be disappointed in me.

I place the flash drive in front of Melissa as she typed away on her desk top computer. She look like she could use a spa day, her red hair is in a mess and her white frame glasses is a bit crooked. I probably looked half as bad since I've been up until three this morning trying to focus on writing this article on Tanaya Henry. The lady did her part and I was only suppose to write it flawlessly but I had failed to complete it as quickly as I normally would because of my broken heart.

I know never to let my personal problems interfere with work but it was hard not to think about my broken engagement when my older and only sister was the cause of that said engagement. On top of that I have people calling my phone none stop, apologising for what they had no part in.

After I slapped Fisher across the face and glared my sister to her near death I refuse to speak to them since. They did call me multiple times but I ignore them, they deserved nothing from me.

"Thanks Ciara and good luck." Melissa says as she continue to type away like her life depended on it.

"God knows I'll be needing it." I say about to leave her office. "See you when I do Melissa."

"Wait!" She calls out. I look back at her, she fixes her glasses as she looks at me, "Mrs Florence wants to see you before you depart."

I nod at her before leaving. I figured she would want to see me, she calls me to her office every time before I go somewhere for an interview.

         The glass door gives me the view of the black hair woman who sat at her desk looking at something on her phone. She was dressed very elegantly as usual in a grey skirt suit. Her blue eyes look up from her phone at the sound of my tapping on the glass.

"Come on in Miss Mendes." I enter the room and greeted her before taking the seat at her desk which she had gesture for me to sit in.

"You will be staying at the The Roosevelt Hotel I assume you already knew that," She says looking at a few papers that were in her hand, without waiting for my answer she continued.

"Everything is already finalised you'll be staying for three days, when you arrive at the airport in New York- Mrs Haynes was kind enough to offer her personal driver to pick you up and drop you off at the hotel. Is there any question Miss Mendes?" Her eyes meet mine as she handed me the papers I'll be needing.

"No Mrs Florence, thank you."

"I trust you will do well Miss Mendes." She says sternly before I had the chance to leave.

She probably heard from Fisher about the broken engagement, like most people would have thought that due to this unfortunate situation I would become less reliable until this all blow over. "I can guarantee you I will do my absolute best Mrs Florence."

Giovanni Haynes

        I have only been in New York for three hours and already my mother is breathing down my neck with the same questions she ask whenever she sees me. The woman was fifty six with two grandchildren but still she wanted more. She just could not understand that I wasn't the marrying type, why would I choose to settle down with just one woman when I have the options of changing them every other day or so.

I am nothing like my brother, Bentley Haynes. He is the eldest and got married to his highschool sweetheart Ashira Mckenzie-Haynes when he was only twenty one years old, he got his first child Haylie Haynes when he was twenty three and little Rayan followed two years after. Of Course my parents' saw him as the perfect son, especially my father since he was the one who took over his company.

"Gio sweetheart you know I'm getting older and older everyday, are you going to let me die before you marry a nice girl and get a whole football team of children?"

I choked on my coffee terribly, a whole football team she says? I did not get along with children they are devils, which is why I had to trade gifts for some peace every time I see my niece and nephew.

"Oh hush Gio," She says patting my back. "Get him some water Richard."

"Why can't you get it?" My thirteen year old bother ask. I swear that kid had the heart of a demon, he would rather watch his brother die from a coughing fit than to fetch some water.

"Richard-"

"It's fine mother, I'm fine." I place a hand up stopping her from starting an argument with Richy. Her words surprised me at the worst time, that was all.

"Remind me, why am I here? Richard has an interview not me."

"Bent is unable to make it since he has a business meeting with the Italian ambassador so my only option was to have you here, it is as simply as that."

I glare at my brother. He was busy going over something on his tablet. I agree that I was his least favourite, Bentley was the one he always looked up to, I know for a fact that he wouldn't mind if he never sees me.

"Is that all?"

"I love to see that face you make when mother pressures you into getting married and I overheard her saying that Jasmine Lavigne is back." His lips curved into a smirk as he watches my expression.

"Mother is this why you called me here?" I could feel the anger boiling within me, of course I couldn't get upset with my mother but she knew very well what that woman had done.

She gave me a guilty look from across the island, "Giovanni that is not the only reason, you have to be in the pictures tomorrow. This is not exactly all about your brother— that Journalist from Flare will be interviewing all of us."

I stare down at the dark liquid in my cup, it was final.

"I need something stronger." I say grabbing my keys from the table and ignore my mothers' protest as I head for the exit.

Jasmine Lavigne was someone I thought I'd never see again, I hoped I wouldn't and knowing Martha Haynes she had most likely set up a date for us. Perhaps a beautiful woman and a few strong liquor will make my night much better.

* Trailer above made by me, please watch it*