39

Ciara Mendes

"You can't be serious."

"What did you expect me to do, can you really expect me to be bitter towards someone who is sincerely sorry for what she did? I wanted to hate her believe me I did but after learning almost everything about her hating her would just be petty."

"She's pregnant with your boyfriend's baby."

"The same boyfriend that you slept with to get back at his very own cousin. Don't make me regret meeting you Eve."

After everything she did she have no right to judge my choices. I only decided to meet with her since she has always been there for me and I can't allow what happen years ago to destroy our friendship, I forgave my mom and sister I can forgive her too.

"I guess I deserve that, I had no right." She said looking down at the burger that I'm still a bit surprise that she ordered. "It's your life and I should just be supportive like how you're always with me. I just wish that everyone could forgive as easily as you do."

"What are you hiding from me Eve?" I say as I watch her study the small portion of food that she had left. She was eating as if she hadn't been fed in weeks.

She sigh. "I gave up modeling."

I stare at her until the bit of information sunk in, "What, why would you do that? I thought you love modeling."

"I did, I mean I do but after everything that happened I decided it was time for me to give it all up. "

"What do you mean?"

"I think I fell in love C."

She look sad and I couldn't understand why, normally when someone is in love they appear to be over the moon about it. "I don't follow, shouldn't you be happy announcing this news? I sorry to have to say, but I thought it would never happen Eve."

She start to sob, "It's all my fault-"

I reach out to hold her hand as she start to cry, looking around I was thankful that we were in a secluded area. "What are you thinking about?"

"Our- baby, I swear Ciara I didn't mean to, I didn't even know I was pregnant."She pause to wipe away her tears but more followed. "I was on the set for a photoshoot, some kind of difficulties occurred and we had to leave the room until someone came to fix the problem. We were given strict orders not to go in there but I forgot my phone so I went back and that's when it happened- a light fell on me Ciara."

I felt my eyes tear up as I begin to understand where this conversation was going. "I woke up in a hospital room and that's when I found out that I was - a month pregnant. I messed up a few days on the pills but I got right back on tract, I didn't expect that to happen, if I knew I was with child then I would have taken much care."

"I'm so sorry Eve but you can't blame yourself."

"Why the hell not? Andrew blames me!" She says a bit louder than she should have.

I narrow my eyes at her as I tried to remember why the name sound so familiar, "Andrew as in Andrew Montana your photographer, he was the father?" She nod without looking at me. "But I thought you both hated each other."

She shrug as if it was nothing. "We did but things happened and he was there for me, he made me realize that I actually hate the life that I was living- you know with the one nightstands, not really giving a damn about anyone, being completely reckless."

I was having a hard time with all this new information. All this time she was concern with my life and I didn't even know she was seeing someone. I decide to voice my thoughts.