9

Ciara Mendes

           I scrutinize the low cut brunette hair man who sat across from me with a five-o-clock shadowing his jawline. His white shirt have wrinkles and his blue eyes look red, It was obvious that he was not taking this easy but who could blame him, he was married and in love for six years.

"She refuse to sign the divorce papers if she won't get full custody of Zen. The woman is being ridiculous after doing what she did she expect that she would get full custody of my child! The entire process will now take about twelve months are more. If she had only agreed with my terms then I would be done with her in at least three months."

"Calm down Alaric." I push his latte towards him, he took a sip before running his palms over his face.

After my lunch with dad earlier I thought about the conversation we had. A lot of things he said was right and I needed to take inconsideration some of his suggestions, it led me to calling Alaric as soon as I had returned to work for him to meet me at La'bell cafe across the street from where I work. He had showed up ten minutes later after work ended.

"I understand that you don't want to lose Zenny and you won't- Bridget was the one who didn't stay true to the vows she made. You were loyal to the both of them and supported them in more ways than one, I'm sure the judge will at least give you shared custody."

"Perhaps that would be best for Zenny I can't let her suffer for what her mother did."

It's a shame my niece will have to go through the same thing I did when I was a few years older than she is. The good part of this is that she is too young to understand her mothers' infidelity, but still she will wonder why her mom and dad doesn't live together anymore.

"Why don't you drop Zendra off at my apartment tomorrow, I'll keep her for a week to take off some of the pressure."

He manage a smile, "Thanks Ciara but you are going through the same-"

"I understand that I was betrayed by two people I love—loved, but that doesn't mean I can't keep my niece who I heard is very eager to see her aunt." I cut him off with a small laugh. "There is a daycare that offers teaching, on the first floor of my building, it's owned by Alina Ortiz who I know very well. I'll talk to her about it, Zen and I will even be able to have lunch together everyday while she's with me."

"Thank you Ciara, you have no idea how much this means to me, Zen will be happy to hear this." He took another sip of his latte before his blue eyes search my face, "How are you holding up?"

I did not like this question, I felt as if everyone pitied me and after what happened recently at the charity ball it just makes it so much more difficult to discuss, though confining in Alaric would not seemed so bad since the same thing happened to both of us.

"I feel like someone pushed their bare hand through my chest and held my heart in a tight grip until it's last beat. You know- both of them where at the charity ball..." I told him of the events that took place at the charity ball and his wife's vile words, which I wish I had kept to myself after seeing the look on his face.

"I can't believe I fell in love with such a woman." He condemn.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you that. It's not your fault Alaric, neither of us should be blaming our selves for what they did, it's their lost not ours. Just look at us we're good looking, smart and good people,we can find someone who will love us as much as we love them." I laugh, getting a smile from him.

Even though those words were my own I find it hard to believe them. Maybe no one will ever love us as much as we love them, and even if they love us we won't love them the same. I was silly for believing that soulmates exist, especially after what my own mother did to my father, or what if they do exist, but we spend so much of our time with the wrong people that we never ever find them?

Giovanni Haynes

After leaving the office instead of going home to change I met the guys directly at the club. Now this was my favourite type of scene, the four of us sat upstairs at the VIP area where we had a great view of all the exotic dancers that are performing tonight. The place was crowded and the music was on full blast, the entire atmosphere was taking away all the stress.

Yelling at my assistants and throwing things around my office did not do much to take off some steam, which came on after my mother had called. The nerve of that woman.

"Ashira would kill me if she ever found out where I am." My older brother says as he drown his drink. The brown eye bastard and I shared some similarities, though it was nothing like what Ciara and her sister shared, those two could past off as twins'.

Since this morning the raven hair woman had managed to slip her way into my thoughts, and I can't say I like it.

"Chill man, cousin-in-law knows you're as loyal as the arrow on a computer screen." Mateo says patting him on his back.

Although his comparison was a bit off I do agree with him Shira knows that he won't even look at another female for more than a few second unless he have to. Bentley was the good one of the Haynes brothers, since I can remember, never got in trouble, never said a curse word, never cheated.

I'm not saying he's perfect, far from it even, but he did try his very best to keep up a good reputation, unlike myself who does not give a fu*k about these judgemental people opinions. I live to please no one.

"I agree with him man." I drown my shot before looking over at Leo who had more interest in his phone than our conversation, the other men seemed to have realize this.

"What's up with you man?" Mat pats him on his back to get his attention.

My friend place his phone in his pocket and look up with a smirk, "It's just Carmela reminding me what I'm coming back to later tonight."

"F*cking whipped." I say as the other men chuckle.

"I can't believe she let you go to a strip club." Bent commented.

"Ah man, it's only because Russell has been on my ass every damn second asking when I'll check out the club, the both of us had had enough of him so she insist I came and get it over with."

"Now that's the kind of trust I'm always talking about." Mat says staring ahead at nothing in particular, who could blame the guy? He failed at love not only one time but three and no time was he the one to be blamed.

Bentley brown gaze moves away from him to me,"So tell me little brother how many women are you bringing home tonight?"

For him that was not a question of interest, he was trying to start something just like father and mother would, he too wished I would settle down.

"I think I'll get two more to join the one that is already waiting in my bed." I bit back.

"Hold up there cousin, what about this Cara lady, shouldn't you be working on winning her over?"

"It's C_" I prevent myself from correcting him about her name, knowing him he would think more of it,"and why should I when the woman have more problems than Math."

"I agree with him, he's not even in a relationship with her so what if he carries home all the stripers in this club?" Leo agrees while Mat gives me a knowing look which I ignore.

"Who is this Cara?"

"I'll fill you in later." Mat tells Bent as they change the conversation to sports and business which I was greatful for.

_

After boring conversations and advice of how to live my life, I took the offer of one of the strippers' and led her to the roof where we could have some privacy and penetrated her right against the door. All the stripers were tested and I used protection therefore I had nothing to worry about, she was just a pretty girl looking for a good time with a handsome bachelor and I gave it to her, in the end we both got something.

Upon returning from the mens room I glimpse the most glorious woman, dressed in a short red leather dress that hugged her curves perfectly, my fingers were twitching with the need of running them up those perfectly tan legs until they found it's way under that tight red dress.

I began to approach her when two other women stepped into view and that is when I realize - that was not just another woman but the very same one that have rented out a space in my head without my permission.