33

Eve Malhamie

                     "You should call that boyfriend of yours, let him know I've made reservation for us at The Globe." I took a sip of the appletini I made earlier while admiring my pedicure toes in delight.

Ciara walk into the living room wearing a grey T-shirt dress and bare feet, she place the plates of breakfast on the center table before tossing her feet over my lap causing her gold anklet to leave a cold feeling on my thigh.

"It's seven in the morning Eve, what's up with the drink?"

I shrug. "Let me live a little babe, it does contain apple cider besides I always drink some kind of liquor with breakfast." Before I could get another word out she grab the glass almost spilling it contents out on my baby phat crop top replacing it with a cup of tea.

I roll my eyes at her. "You're such a kill joy. Anyway have you heard from Micah?"

"I spoke to him last night before you arrive, why?"

"Oh no reason." The truth was I haven't heard from him in days. I wonder if he's still mad that I made it slip while talking to Navia that we had a thing back in highschool. Ciara didn't even know since we kept it a secret and I wasn't about to let her find out now.

"Are you sure?" She ask taking a bite of her toast.

"Definitely." Pushing her feet from my lap. "Now go tell that man of yours what I told you before it gets too late and he make other plans."

"My phone is upstairs." She gives me a suspicious look. "Why are you in such a hurry, you only got here last night?"

I ignore her question. "Go get it then." She reluctantly nods before leaving, I sigh in relief. I've been in L.A for the past two and a half weeks. I don't think I'm strong enough to tell her the real reason why I'm back. What will she think of me, will she blame me?

I snuggle deeper into the couch hoping the tea will help calm my mind. The door bell rang and I frown not wanting to get up from this comfortable position.

"Ciara someone is at the door!"

The door bell went again two more times and Ciara was still upstairs. Groaning I got up deciding to answer the door. Gripping the handle I pull the door open revealing a man standing on the other side, I gave him a once over trying to figure out why he looked so familiar. When I look at his face again and the expression he wore it all came  rushing back.

"Giovanni Haynes."

I watch as he run his fingers through his hair looking as if I'm the last person he wanted to see. He was the last person I wanted to see! Him and that bastard cousin of his!

"I can't believe this. Out of all the men who had the same first name it had to be the one with Haynes as his surname." I say angry.

He roll his eyes before looking behind him as if he was looking for someone. "I'm not too happy that the woman I love have you as her best friend either."

"Love?" I chuckle humourlessly. "You and that cousin of yours don't know the meaning."

I ignore his glare. "Eve where'd you go?!" I hear Ciara call from the living room.

"You can't tell her." I warn him.

"If you think I'll hide it from her then think again."

"It will ruin my friendship with her, you can't."

Ciara Mendes

                      "Can't do what?" I frown at Giovanni who stood on the other side of the door. He had a disheveled and distraught appearance which was strange but nonetheless gave a small smile when he saw me.

Standing next to Eve who had yet to answer my question I held my hand out taking Giovanni wrist and pulling him inside. I then throw my arms around his neck and press my lips against his not caring that my best friend was right behind me.

He seem distant which made me pull away and look between the two, there was tension building in the room which makes me wonder. "What were you two talking about?"

"Ciara there's something I have to tell you."

"Don't!" Eve seethe. I widen my eyes at the woman who looked like she was on the verge of killing my boyfriend. Giovanni, however didn't seem phase as he looks at me.

"What is it?" I ask Giovanni since he was the only one who seem to want to tell me what's going on.

He hesitate. "I was involved with your friend a long time ago."

I was left speechless and slightly hurt. "You said that Jasmine was your only girlfriend then how could you two—" I look at Eve who refuse to meet my gaze. She didn't do boyfriends. "By involved you mean you had sex with her?"

He nods and I took two steps away from them. Giovanni walk towards me. "Please buttercup hear me out, it was a long time ago and it meant nothing to me."

"Ciara you have to believe I didn't mean to hurt you. It had been right after I left highschool to start my career as a model. I started dating his cousin— it was my first real relationship he was older and much wiser. I thought I could be serious with him but then I found out he had a— secret so I had sex with him just to spite his cousin." She glare at Giovanni. "It meant absolutely nothing to me and you know it Ciara. I didn't even remember who he was until he showed up at your door."

"A secret." Giovanni mumbles with his eyes now on Eve. "And he knew?"

She nod, without looking at him. "I told him the following day."

I watch as he curled his hands into a fist, wondering how this conversation changed roads so quickly. "That cheating bastard." He whispers loud enough for us to hear.

I collected my emotions. I knew before I got involved with him that he couldn't keep his d¡ck to himself and my best friend despite her legs seemed to be a bit slack I still love her. Though the thought of them sharing body fluids is very disturbing I can handle this though, right?  "Is there anything else you two have to tell me, because it seems as if I'm the only one without skeletons hiding in my closet?"

Their guilty looks told me there was more. "Micah and I dated in highschool."

I roll my eyes at her not really surprise. She refuse to look at me and I know that wasn't all she was hiding. I've known this woman since forever to know when she was withholding information; though I left it at that. "And you?"

"Ciara. Ml I don't know how to tell you this."

"Just spit it out!" I regain control and spoke calmer. "I've had enough of people I care about  lying to me."

"I got another woman pregnant." I felt as if the air was knocked out of me. "I didn't cheat on you. I promise I didn't; it happen before we got together and I found out a month ago."

"Are you serious?" Eve glares at him.

I point a finger at her. "You don't get a say in this." I look at Giovanni who seem scared of my next move. "One whole month, all those dates and almost every day spent together and you're only just telling me this? Are you even sure the baby is yours?"

He shakes his head no like a toddler being scold. "When she told me, I accuse her of lying and told her only to come back if she had proof."

"Did she?"

"No, that's why I said nothing. I'm terrified of losing you Ciara."

I nod trying to gather my thoughts, I turn to leave the room.

"Ciara?" Giovanni calls out and his tone broke my heart. He tried reaching out to me but I push his hand away.

"No I just need some time. You can show yourselves out."

I ignore their voices calling and apologizing to me. How could things be going so good one minute and then the next everything turns to a disaster?