41 Epilogue

Ciara Mendes

                    "I hate this one. It makes my butt seem nonexistent," Eve frown staring at her reflection in the mirror on the platform she was standing on.

"That's your sixth dress, you're the most insatiable woman I have ever met," Bridget says taking a sip of the wine the boutique's manager had offered us upon our arrival. 

Eve mutter something inscrutable before turning towards us, "Who designed this anyway. I thought it was suppose to be a wedding dress not something my grandma would wear to bed."

"I see what you mean. That bow does nothing for the dress," I agree with Eve.

"I honestly can not believe I'm getting married before you, not that I'm rubbing it in are anything."

I smile remembering the day my best friend rush into my office waving her left hand around with a big diamond ring on her ring finger.

"It's fine I know what you mean, besides  I'm in no hurry," Who am I fooling Giovanni and I have been dating for a year and a half now yet he still haven't propose. He's been quite busy actually.

"Marriage makes everything complicated," Bridget says. After mending our relationship she talked things over with Alaric and both decide it was best for Zendra if they shared custody and be there for her whenever she needed, she's still dating Fisher and by the looks of it they'll never get married.

"That's not true Micah and I are the happiest married couple," Navia says and I couldn't help smiling at her. My male best friend married her literally two weeks after she graduated university and Navia decided to find a job here instead of finding one in New Jersey.  

"Touché," Evei reply from inside of the dressing room. A minute later she step out in a gorgeous silver dress. "Ladies I think I found the one." My eyes tear up as she walk towards us. The three of us standing to meet her.

"Look at you all glowed up," Bridget says taking her hand so she can twirl Evei for a proper view of the dress. Evei wasn't the biggest fan of Bridget but they started to get along since the past couple of months. Eve ask her to be the bridesmaid, Navia the matron of honour and of course I'm her maid of honour.

"You look beautiful," Navia gushes.

"Thanks, Ciara?" Eve call taking my hands. "What do you think?"

I pull her in a hug. "I'm so proud of you and you look stunning."

                I glance at my reflection in the mirror, we were at the daycare picking up the children before we go out to have lunch. My hair was in a messy bun, my eyebrows could use a trim, my grey top reek of baby puke and my left cheek held a small red mark thanks to Felicity sharp finger nails that I forgot to cut. I'm only thankful that she didn't cut herself with them because of my recklessness and forgetfulness.

"How far along?" Bridget says coming to stand next to me reapplying her red lipstick.

I stare at her reflection through the restroom mirror, "What do you mean?"

"Are you forgetting, not only am I your sister but I've been through pregnancy before. I can see your symptoms from a mile away."

I frown. "Two months and a week." I mutter.

"When were you planning to tell me, when you are fully showing?"

I sigh turning to face her, "Calm down,  Giovanni doesn't even know yet." Before she could speak I continue. "He's been really busy lately and we never get much time together considering that Felicity needs both our attention. We take turns taking care of her while the other rest, there's just no convenient time to tell him."