121 ~ the court date

Start from the beginning

"Wendy, with not being able to come and watch. Same with Yeri, Seulgi, and Bam." Jen replied while giving Lisa a quick hug.

Lisa spoke her hi to them both before looking a bit confused herself. "They all wanted to watch?"

"To support." Jisoo smiled. "I think the whole table did."

Lisa and her looked to each other, meeting eyes, before the door to the courtroom opened and a guard held it aside.

Motioning for them to enter.

"Prosecution's first in, you may decide which side you'd like to sit." He spoke.

"My advice," The guard began as they began passing nervously by. "Sit closest to the jury. They'll get to see you better, and it can help make them feel more close to you when hearing your case."

She mustered a smile and bowed her head as Ami thanked him and spoke that they'd do just that.

Lisa soon stepped up beside her and held her hand as they walked past some onlookers who were watching their case from the seats.

She recognized some faces. Most were from school. But others were certain nurses Ami worked with from the hospital, seated along side them.

Chaeyoung then found the deciders of the trial.

The Jury was already seated and watching them quietly as they took their seats on the right side of the court.

Their eyes weren't mean, probably considering most were mailed to come in without any information on the case they'd be watching.

But she could tell some weren't looking at Lisa or her, but at their clasped hands instead.

And the closeness of their shoulders when they sat.

"Chae?" She looked to Lisa who was smiling at her warmly. "It's okay. Don't overthink it."

She nodded and rested her head on Lisa's shoulder, before hearing the sound of one of the main doors opening again.

Followed by the echoing of foot steps towards them.

They were ominous, and she could feel Lisa's hand tightening its grip on hers.

She didn't want to look, but she knew she'd have to.

So, Chaeyoung looked to her left at the man being escorted down the center of the room in handcuffs.

Her stomach turning at the sight of the man who was last seen carelessly punching, then smashing a mirror over her girlfriend's head.

But she noticed the Detective that they had met before, Detective Baek, as one of the men walking him down.

Her old boss was then seated on the left, a defense attorney seated beside him, while Detective Baek left and walked over to their side instead.

Leaving the man that was piercing Lisa and her with his eyes alone, with his fellow law enforcement around him.

"Nice to see you again Marco, Ami." Detective Baek shook their hands. "Chaeyoung, Lisa, I hope you're both doing well?"

"We're alright." Lisa answered after pulling her eyes off the man across from them. "Still healing, but we're okay."

Detective Baek smiled before shaking Siwons hand. "Mr. Choi. It's good to see you too. Thank you for coming."

"Of course." Siwon returned his smile. "There's no way I'd let the girls go through this without me." He assured him.

Detective Baek liked this and released Siwons hand with a chuckled. "Of course not." He grinned while turning to their lawyer. "I see you've all met Ms. Kim Hyo-yeon, our beloved prosecuting attorney."