10

Taehyung's P.O.V

My purpose... I never found a purpose in my first life, I felt my importance when I was tured into a matchmaker in my second life..

But ever since my third life, only then I realized that I held an even more special purpose in this world than I ever imagined..

"Fool... you can't do this.." I mumbled.

He turned to me with a saddened expression. "I already did.." he whispered.

I closed my eyes and looked away. "Why don't you learn to stop saying nonsense? It raises people's hopes up."

"W-what..?"

I turned back to him as I took his hand, intertwining both our hands together.

Once I lifted both our intertwined hands, a mark appeared on both of us.

Hoseok's P.O.V

As I watched Taehyung and Jungkook stare at the mark on their pinky finger, I smiled softly.

"That same mark that they used to have a long time ago.. ah, what a golden time that was.." I spoke as I went in front of them.

"What... is this..?"

"A.. mark between two soulmates.." Taehyung spoke out with wide eyes.

I giggled, amused of their reactions.

"It's like seeing the same reactions all over again.."

Jungkook's P.O.V

I frowned, looking away..

"What importance would a mark even do..?" I asked.

"It just tells you that the both of you are soulmates, but.. what if they don't feel the same for each other..?" I reasoned.

"You will be able to answer that on your own, Jungkook... I don't even know what love is, how can I ever answer to that..?" Taehyung replied as he looked down, ashamed that he couldn't answer the boy's question.

Jungkook suddenly felt bad as he apologized. "Sorry.."

Author's P.O.V

"Idiots." A voice spoke, even though he could not be heard.

As Jungkook let go of Taehyung's hand, he stood up, heading to his room, leaving Taehyung alone.

Hoseok sat down beside Taehyung as he appeared.

A matchmaker can not touch a human, but they could still make an exception to a former matchmaker.

Taehyung turned to Hoseok with a frown. "What are you even doing here, Hoseok? Aren't you handling those two?" He pointed.

Hoseok smiled and shook his head. "Can't I watch over a friend?" He reasoned.

Taehyung fell silent as he looked down. Just that expression was enough to signify that he was upset about earlier.

"Do you know the reason why you're upset?" Hoseok asked through the silence.

Taehyung sighed and shook his head. "I don't know.."

"You're starting to catch feelings for the boy." Hoseok answered, making Taehyung shoot his head up as he stared at Hoseok with wide eyes.

"N-no, I... my only intention was to save him, not to like him."

Hoseok frowned, disappointed of the way his friend denied his true feelings. "Ever since you saved him, you wouldn't be able to take care of him if you don't like him... and eventually, that certain fondness becomes love."

Hoseok raised his hand as he pointed at Taehyung's head.

"All these years, you've been using your head while you deprived your heart for choosing what you really needed."

He then pointed to Taehyung's heart. "Your heart then starts to feel the wondrous feelings of affection, and yet you still deny it. Why won't you accept it?"

Hoseok thought of the old times where Taehyung and Jungkook were together, they had to deal with problems, but still stayed strong for each other.

"You say i'm too good for you, that we shouldn't be together because I deserve someone as good as myself.." the boy spoke with puffy eyes as he sniffed.

"But if that's the case, then I don't want to be good.." he said as he covered his face, shaking slightly as he tried not to cry any more.

Taehyung let out a shaky breath as he looked down at his hands.

"I'm... scared.."