5

Jungkook's P.O.V

When Jimin hyung was leading me out the school since classes have already ended, Taehyung stood there, hands in his pockets, waiting.

Once he noticed us, he kept silent as he looked down at both mine and Jimin hyung's hands.

I took my hand away and smiled sheepishly. "Hi, what are you doing here..?" I asked.

He kept silent and held a straight face as he started approaching us.

Jimin hyung then went in front of me as he stared at Taehyung cautiously, Taehyung stopped in his tracks as he narrowed his eyes at the shorter male.

"Who are you?" Jimin hyung asked.

"Would you be surprised if I were to tell?" Taehyung asked back, and just his deep voice was enough for Jimin hyung to recognize him.

Taehyung stared blankly. "Please excuse me, i'm here to take Jungkook home." He said.

Jimin hyung nodded slowly as he stepped back, head hung low.

I turned to Jimin hyung who kept his eyes on the ground, making me frown.

Seeing him like this makes me sad..

'Maybe this is for the best..'

Then I felt a hand hold mine, I turned to Taehyung who now held a gentle expression, unlike a while ago, his face was stone cold.

"Let's get going?"

I hummed and nodded, I turned back to Jimin hyung as I felt my lips quiver, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

I let go of Taehyung's hand and ran up to Jimin hyung, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry I can't walk home with you today hyung... i'll make it up to you, promise."

Taehyung's P.O.V

I stared at Jungkook who was hugging Jimin tightly. As for Jimin, he held a surprised expression but also hugged the boy back.

I looked down at my now cold hand after Jungkook let go of it.

"Hmph."

I put my hand back in my pockets as Jungkook greeted Jimin with a goodbye and turned back to me.

I turned around and went ahead, Jungkook following after me.

"Taehyung.. Hyung..! Wait up-"

I stopped in my tracks and turned back at him

"Why didn't you go with him?" I asked.

He stopped and stared at me shocked.

"I... I didn't want to.."

"And yet you hugged him? You said you want to distance yourself..." I said as I approached him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He looked down, staying silent.

I put my thumb under his chin as I made him look up at me.

"I'm not being hard on you.. I can't force you to lose every bit of feelings you have for him in one day, I know it takes time.. but I just want to remind you what you had told me before.." I pointed with a soft expression.

"I don't want you hurting, beating yourself up with the feelings that's been eating you alive since day 1."

A stray tear fell from his eye as he tried to hold himself before he broke down in public.

I sighed, wiping the stray tear away.

"We'll talk back home... come here." I said as he walked closer.

I then picked him up bridal style, making him yelp in surprise as he held onto me tightly.

"I-I can walk.." he stuttered.

"I know you can, I just don't want you to fall down, by the looks of it earlier, your posture didn't look stable. Are you sure you can really walk around now? That accident.." I trailed off as I kept walking.

He hummed, pulling his head closer to my neck as he tried to hide his face.

"I can.. I don't care about the accident.." he answered in a hushed voice.

"Learn to worry about your health more you dummy." I said as we arrived back at our apartment.

I took my shoes off as I held Jungkook with my other hand. I then put him down on the couch, taking off his shoes as well until I noticed his ankle.

"Did you sprain your ankle?" I asked, looking up at him.

He avoided eye contact as he nodded slightly.

I stood up and went to the kitchen to get some ice cubes.

I came back as I knelt down, puting the ice on his ankle, making him hiss in pain.

"Where did you get this from?"

"D-dance class.." he answered.

"You really need to take it easy. You just came out of the hospital and yet you still push yourself to dance?"

"I don't have a choice. This is the only thing I could do for myself, I don't want my studies to go to waste.. I sacrificed my own wellbeing just to be able to go to school, even if it meant that i'd stop eating.." he explained.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"You.. what?"

"..."

"If you starve yourself to death, what the hell would happen to your studies? Don't pull this bullshit on me Jeon Jungkook!" I exclaimed, standing up as he looked away, ashamed of himself.

I stared at him for a moment and sighed, averting my gaze somewhere else.

"Stay here.. i'll go and make food, you better eat because I won't take no as an answer."

The Matchmakers (Taekook Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें