8

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Tae.. hyung..?" I called out, making him whip his head towards me.

Smiling sheepishly. "Sorry, I forgot what you actually wanted to do.. is the café ok with you? We could go somewhere els-"

I smiled a little, shaking my head.

"Coffee is nice.." I cut him off, making him stare at me.

He sighed as a smile spread through his seemingly flawless face.

He held out his hand, as I stared at it for a moment.

I slowly raised my arm.. hesitantly taking his hand when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"Jungkook!"

I whipped my head to see Jimin hyung nearing us.

"Why did you run awa- did you cry?" He asked suddenly worried as he cupped my cheeks.

I let out a shaky breath as I took his hands off my cheeks.

"I'm fine hyung.." I assured, looking him straight in the eyes.

"That's not-"

"When Jungkook said he's fine, he's fine." A deep voice cut him off as Taehyung pulled me away from Jimin hyung, wrapping an arm around me as he bore his dark piercing eyes to the man that I think I still love.

Jimin hyung frowned. "You know, I never liked your attitude. Why does it look like you don't like Jungkook with me?" He stated.

"That's because I don't. You've been hurting him for far too long." My eyes widened as I felt tears blur my vision.

'Has he..? Yes, he has..'

"Hurting? I protected him from everything, I was there for him, unlike you, his supposedly 'childhood friend' that only shows up just now.. where were you when he needed you?!" Jimin hyung said as his anger rose up.

I frowned, looking down.

"You think he even wanted your help? No, stay away from him, you've been hurting him more than you've ever realized." Taehyung spat.

"No! I refuse to stay away from him, he means alot to me..!"

'If that's the case.. why do you keep hurting me like this..?'

I then felt a tug on my hand as I looked to see Jimin hyung holding it tightly.

"Jungkook, stay with me..."

"Why are you all alone?"

"Everyone hates me.."

"Well, I don't! I promise i'll take good care of you!"

My lips quivered.

"Hey, Kookie, Kookie!"

"Yes hyung?"

"I promise i'll marry you when we get older, so that you won't ever be alone ever again!"

====

"You promise that no matter what, i'll only be the one in your heart?"

"Mhm, promise!"

'All this time... you forgot those very promises..'

I pulled my hand away as I broke down in front of them.

'I was suffocated in your shadow, patiently waiting for the day that you would remember those words..'

"Please, hyung.. he only wants what's best for me.." I whispered.

'But it didn't happen..'

Taehyung held me tighter as he supported my weight because he knew, that any second, I would fall down.

'You meant the world to me, those promises that you kept, made me look forward for the upcoming journeys we'd have together..'

"Out of everything.. all the promises that you made were nothing but a fantasy, and I was hurt deeply.."

'Now here I am with broken shards of the love I kept for you ever since..'

"You remember the time you promised that I would only be the one you would marry..? You broke it, ever since you started thinking of me as a brother.." I choked out as I covered my face with my hands.

'I kept you, I held tighter, I waited, but ended up finding out that you love someone else..'

"But.. who really am I to you? You already made your choice hyung, you broke all the promises that you made with me, and hurt me over and over again, every single day.. but I don't blame you, we were younger back then, of course it would mean nothing.. it's my fault for falling.."

"And what hurts most? My heart is aching so badly, but I can't seem to find a reason to even be angry at you.. let alone hate you." I finished.