Pearl then walked up to Steven. "Firearms aside, you need to train that thing better." She said as she watched the lion.

"I have, we've got to the point where he looks at me when I call his name. Watch this."

He then turned to lion. "Hey lion!"

His yells then subsequently made lion do absolutely nothing and he continued to pick through a strawberry bush.

"Eh, sometimes."

Lion then dug up something and picked it up in his mouth.

"What's he got now." Said Pearl as she was quickly stunned as lion held a long pink object in his mouth.

"That's the sheath for Rose's sword." She quickly ran up and grabbed it. It took her a bit to grab it out of lions mouth.

"Mom fought here?" Asked Steven.

Pearl then held the sword close to her chest. "Yes, she fought magnificently."

"Cool, I wish I could have seen it." Said Amythest excitedly.

Garnet then turned to her. "No you don't, countless gems were broken here. It was a maelstrom of destruction and death." Said Garnet.

"Sounds like an angry Spartan." Said Quasar.

Amythest looked to their own resident Spartan. "Wait what, you gotta tell me more." She said excitedly.

Will turned to the little purple gem. "Yes, all but the bravest, strongest and fastest were afraid of the Spartans. We're basically one person armies, and when a Spartan squad shows up they will succeed. It took either a very lucky shot, an accident, an entire army, or an exceptionally strong enemy to kill one." He finished with a sad look on his face.

Pearl who was simply fanticizing started talking again. "But we won, your mother led us to glorious victory. Our backs were against the wall, our hearts were uncertain. But we chose to fight alongside Rose, and here we made a stand against our Homeworld."

Will simply sighed at her fanaticism. He put his helmet back on and turned up some punk rock. He didn't want to hear her talk about war stories any longer.

Because while they might have an overview of the human covenant war, they will never know what it was truly like to have your back to the wall, broken, bleeding and plasma raining down on you. To be the only thing that gave soldiers hope in a battle. And to be the only one that was able to slow down the oncoming storm.

Quasar was the only one to see the same look adorning Lapis's face. For besides the UNSC members and Garnet she was the only other one who understood how arrogance and rash behavior was often one's undoing

______

The warp pad chimed as the gems got back. Will, Garnet, Lapis and Amythest holding a large amount of weapons.

"Sweet, my rooms been needing more of these." Said Amythest.

"It actually needs a little less of everything. I mean where did you even get an F1 rocket engine!" Shouted the Spartan as he entered Amythest's room.

Pearl was simply fantasizing and holding the sword on the pad. "It's been ages."

She then looked down to see Steven staring at her. "What is it Steven?"

"What was mom like?"

"She was coragous...and brilliant... and beautiful."

She then looked over at Steven who was staring at the portrait on the wall. "Sometimes...you look so much like her."