Prolouge

~Flash Back~
~Logan~
"Mummy are you Ok?" I ask my sobbing mother who is sitting on her bed. She looks at me with bloodshot eyes and gives me a small smile. "Hi sweetie," she smiled sadly.
"Mummy where's daddy?" I ask. She looks away holding back tears. "Daddy's gone away Logan. He...uh won't be back for a while."
"Why?"
Mum looked up at me and squeezed my hand. "I love you Logan." she kissed my forehead and started rummaging through her draw and held out a pack of chalk. "These were meant for your birthday but I think I should give them to you now." I took them.
"What do I do with them?"
"You go outside and draw on the pavement with them. Happy drawings of happy times to make you feel happy ok?"
"Yes mummy," I smiled and she smiled back.
As soon as I left I heard crying. My mother crying.

Outside the air was cool. It was late afternoon and I crouched on the pavement and began to draw. I was halfway through my drawing of a puppy dog when a shadow fell over my work. I look up to see a girl about my age-six- standing over me.
"What's that?" She asked pointing towards my drawing. "It's a puppy dog."
"It looks weird."
"It does not!"
"You're doing it all wrong!" She snapped and snatched a piece of chalk from the pack and fixed up my drawing. "There," she said getting up
Admiring her work. "Much better. Do you mind if I draw with you?"
I nod "sure go ahead." and that's how we spent our afternoon. Drawing on the pavement.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Rose. What's yours?"
"Logan."
Rose started a new drawing of two stick figures holding hands.
"Who's that?" I ask.
"It's you and me dummy," she
Smiled up at me and I smiled back.