Chapter 30: Breakout

Start from the beginning

Snatch turned the upper half of his body into sand, a massive creature with a mouth and claws, which flew towards the car that the villain was in. It attacked the back of the car, sheering the boot and two wheels.

"You're a bit stronger than I remember, damn... Oh well, here goes my last resort I guess."

He slammed his foot down on the brake, sparks flying from behind the car. It slowed down, making the police car behind also have to stop suddenly, causing Snatch to be thrown forwards.

The villain disappeared inside the car as the police crashed into him. Snatch surrounded his body with sand to absorb the impact, and got up uninjured. He walked up to the car, and didn't see the villain inside after looking through the window.

Unconvinced that the villain had escaped so soon, and judging from what had happened earlier, he made two giant sand fists and brought them up before slamming them down on the roof and front of the car.

There was a flash of yellow as the villain transported himself to the other car, and appeared inside of it, taking the two now unconscious police officer's guns, and quickly getting out of the car.

"Those officers you attacked could be severely injured, or even dead, but you don't care, do you?!" Snatch shouted at the villain.

He smirked and shrugged, "I don't really care about anyone to be honest with you. Humanity is a plague, and I have the cure."

This apparently enraged Snatch, who lunged towards the villain with his sand monster reaching to attack him. The villain simply just went inside the car and reappeared outside.

As Snatch was regaining his footing after failing to connect any punches, the villain shot him in the back of the right calf, causing him to cry out as he fell onto one knee. He grit his teeth and glared at the villain, burning hatred in his eyes.

"Stand down, Snatch. I will outwit you and destroy you in any way possible. You don't know me, you don't know my quirk, and you don't know what I'm capable of."

The villain started walking away at a leisurely pace, believing he'd ensured victory over the hero as he searched for another car to steal. Snatch wasn't done yet though, and slowly got back onto his feet, struggling to stand even.

One of his eyes was closed, as he shouted, "I'll never surrender and simply let a villain go! Especially not one as devilish as you!

No matter what your goal is, good or bad, the path you've taken is murderous and unforgivable! I won't rest until you're locked behind bars, you criminal scum!"

The villain seemed impressed, the smirk no longer on his face as he looked into the hero's eyes and contemplated his next move.

"I'm amazed by your resolve. You truly are a hero, and I know you want only what's best for people."

He raised his arm and shot Snatch in the left kneecap, sending bone splintering everywhere as Snatch shouted out again, falling down to the ground again on his back.

"Which is why I'm not going to kill you. Yes, murder is truly an evil thing, and I am an evil person. But once you see what I achieve, the sacrifices will have been worth all the death and pain."

With that, he left Snatch screaming in pain as he walked down the road at his own pace, looking for a car to hijack. He soon found a black Toyota Prius, and inhabited the car.

He had to possess the car instead of driving it normally because that car won't drive without the key near it, so the villain had to hack into it and force it to drive.

No one else intercepted him until he was almost at the bridge to Tartarus. Just as it was in sight, twenty police cars appeared behind him, one of which included both the pro heroes he didn't want to see.