let you go

Justin pov

"I will be right back"

                        I watched her run up the stairs. Tonight was crazy. We were having a great time then that asshole had to ruin everything.  I heard footsteps running down the stairs. I looked up and saw Riley holding a first aid kit. I took out some cotton balls out and started cleaning my cuts. She looked so adorable, so concentrated.

"Thanks" 

"Its the least I could do. I mean you did get beat up"

                        "You did get beat up"  "During that time Riley would come home with cut and bruises.  But one day I came home early and heard a scream from the upstairs. I ran as fast as I could and saw Riley on the floor crying while Marcus was punching her."  I don't understand why she always went back to him. He doesn't deserve her. 

"Riley?"

"Yeah" 

"Why did you keep going back to him?"

Her eyes widen and she stopped cleaning my face. She sighed and look down.

"He was the first boy I've ever loved. He was never like how he is know you know" I nodded my head for her to keeping going. "He used to be the shy kid in the front of the class room, never got in trouble. We got partner up in 6th grade for a Science project. After that we became friends. He would always bring lilies to my house, since they are my favorite. He would write poems and send them to my house. He would do little things that made butterflies in my stomach.That's when I knew that I loved him. Years later he asked me out. Of course I said yes."

" We went on a date and dated for a year. That's when his mom died. I tried to help him with it but he would push me away. After a week he finally let me in and we started dating again. But it was different this time. He was more aggressive. When he got mad I would try to calm him but he would hit me instead. It was like that for a year. Until I got pregnant with Cameron and left to Michigan."  She took a deep breath and continue. "To answer your question I kept going back to him hoping I could get the old Marcus back. "

"Do you still love him?" I asked.

"Yes...well no. I don't  know. I love the old him, but I don't love him now."

"Do you want to be with me?"

Riley pov

"Do you want to be with me?" Justin asked

Do I want to be with Justin? I like being with him, holding his hand, being in his arms, kissing him. Does that mean I want to be with him?  I looked up into his blue eyes and knew the answer right there.

"Yes, I love being with you. I feel safe. It feels right and i-" 

I got cut off by soft lips pressed on mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and i wrapped mine around his neck.  We kept moving closer till I was straddling him.  He pulled back and stared into my eyes.

"Good, because I wasn't going to let you go even if you tried.