Chapter 16

I waited outside the building my body shaking with the sudden transfer of powers. I looked down the street, flashing lights bounced off building in the distance. I walked back inside, "The police will be here in five minutes, and Interpol is just pulling up." I said calmly as I stared at the ground, don't able to look my teammates in the eye. "Right, clear out." Robin said walking past me and out of the building, he shook Faraday's hand outside. They talked for a moment then Robin left. I turned and followed, "If you don't mind, I'd like to head back to the cave." I said catching up to Robin. "Yeah, sounds good. Nightslash?" "Yes?" I asked. "I'll tell the others not to talk about what just happened, but I can't stop their minds from wondering. And I'll have to report events of the mission to Batman, he might want to talk to you." He said calmly. "I understand. Thank you." I said finally bringing my gaze to meet his. I looked into his intelligent blue eyes, the had a light cloud of sadness spread across them. "I'll stay for the final performance." I smiled, his eyes widened and a smile came to his lips. "Thank you." He beamed.

After gathering my things from the bunker, I turned to leave finding Dick blocking my path. "I just wanted you to know that you shouldn't be embarrassed about what happened. And you don't have to explain your actions or what happened. Just... just know we except you for who you are." He said before turning to leave. "Dick?" I said quietly, he turned to face me. I embraced him in a hug. He was very shocked but gently wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you." I said exhaling and relaxing more into the hug, "No, thank you." He said letting go of me. "You helped me see the value of each member of our team, and that we all have struggles. But we are here for each other." He said with an expression I couldn't quite place, but I knew it was good. "Goodbye Grayson." I smiled, "See you soon." He smiled leaving the room.

I appeared in the control room surprising Wally and Black Canary. The two of them were sparring and upon my appearance Black Canary tripped over the shocked Wally, and tumbled to the ground. "Does that mean I won?" Wally asked as he helped her up. "You wish." She smiled. "What brings you back so early?" Black Canary questioned. "Nothing much, Robin let me come back early." I said heading towards my room. "Wait up!" Wally said catching up to me. "How was the... umm mission?" Wally asked. "So you know huh?" I said staring at the ground. "Well I know it wasn't a real mission, but that's all I can tell you." Wally said lowering his gaze to the floor. So he doesn't know. "I knew it wasn't a real mission Wally, I only went because Dick needed me. That's all." I said shrugging. Wally's head shot up when I said Robin's name. "He told you?" Wally asked shocked. "Not exactly, I just knew. I know everyone's names and backstory. That's just how my powers work, it's not like I asked to know." I said sheepishly. "Oh, so you know mine?" Wally said rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. "Yes Wally." I giggled, "It's nothing to be ashamed about." I smiled. He smiled back, "So what about you? What's your story?" He asked. I stopped in my tracks, images of people and fire flashed in my mind.

"Nightslash? Nightslash are you alright?" Wally said stepping in front of me. "W-what?" I asked as the images faded. "You look sick, you should sit down for a bit." Wally said guiding me down the hall to my room. I sat down on my bed, my head spinning. "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened." I said placing my small box of belongings on the bed next to me. "It's oaky, Dick didn't want to talk about his past for a while either." Wally smiled as he sat down beside me scooting the box over. "No, it's not that I don't want to talk about it. The problem is that I can't remember." I said staring off into space. "I have tariffing dreams that feel so real, but I never seem to remember them when I wake up. But I feel like the hold the secrets to my past that I can't remember." I said nonchalantly. "Oh. Well maybe that how it's meant to be, like in one of those movies about that guy that had a crush on this girl. And he keeps going to different reality's to get the girl to like him, but he always ends up with her sister. Then he realizes that he's not supposed to be with the first girl but with her sister." Wally said laying back on the bed, I stared at him blankly. "Have you not seen that movie?" Wally asked.

"I don't know what a movie is." I laughed. "What! How have you not seen a single movie?" Wally said sitting up suddenly, making me laugh even more. "I have only been on Earth for a few months, and I didn't know there was such a thing as a movie." I smiled. Wally smiled at me, "Ya, your right." "I know." I said gently elbowing him in the side. He yawned and laid down, "Wally don't you dare fall asleep on my bed." I said poking him, "I won't." He smiled while closing his eyes. I got off the bed and walked up to the empty closet, "These rooms don't make any sense. I don't have clothes to place in here, Neither does Megan. We both have biochemical clothing, and Superboy only wares one shirt. So closets are technically a waste of space, don't you agree?" Wally laid there motionless on the bed, and he's asleep isn't he. I walked over to the bed, and sat down beside Wally. "Goodnight Wally." I whispered as I laid my head down and closed my eyes.

Sorry for the lame chapter, but we are getting to the climax soon. Hope you are enjoying reading so far.